Blog Comments

Awesome
    Well done. Good to see you on Mandolin Mondays. Cheers.
    this was excellent, thank you so much Laura for sharing these!
    d
    Great set! Thanks so much!
    You make those Scottish tunes sound compelling on the mandolin - especially the reel in A.
    What a great set of tunes, and beautifully played. Also, yet another amazing sounding Krishot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons
    What they said - love it!
    Bostin!
    What they said - love it!
    Killer tone and technique, thanks
    Beautiful tone, expressive feel and a pretty tune! I wasn’t familiar before but will be exploring his work. Looks to me like he’s tuned to DGdad.
    This is such a lovely composition. It would be so great if we could have (or buy!) a score.
    Very nice composition, great tone and use of dynamics!
    I love your style of playing, Kein. And Perry, you have a very good ear. That is reverb, but I am guessing that it is probably not natural reverb from the room, but perhaps subtly added to the recording. It sounds perfect.
    Updated Apr-01-2024 at 9:40pm by Cheryl Watson
    Well done, Kian.
    Nice song and great playing. Wonder of that is natural room reverb we hear?
    Nice tune Kian! I really enjoyed this. Very patient with great timing and use of space. Thanks!
    Meditative, thoughtful, skillful composition. Beautifully performed. Thanks for this tune to start the week!
    Dude! I enjoyed that more the second, and then the third time I listened to it. You really made that tune happen as a solo mandolin performance. I didn't remember the tune, so after listening to you once, I listened to Jim & Jesse, Bluegrass Album Band, and Mark O'Connor/Sam Bush doing it. After that, I enjoyed your solo arrangement even more. Great job! That two-point Clark is pretty nice as well. Thanks and keep it up!
    Wow! Yet another Lindblom talent is unleashed! Bravo, young sir!
    Great job Linus! Thanks!
    Wow! Those are really creative lines beautifully played. Thanks for the very nice music to start off my week.
    Tasty! Thanks for the treat.
    Wonderful tone
    Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan
    Could you talk a bit about your choice of strings and pick? You really tame any tinniness as if you’re playing flatwounds.
    Wegen TF pick, but slightly lighter than the 100. Somewhere between .70 and .80. And D'addario XT 11-40s for strings. Sometimes use a BlueChip TPR-40, but in any case, the tone's in the fingers! Or perhaps more to do with where I like to direct my pick.
    Could you talk a bit about your choice of strings and pick? You really tame any tinniness as if you’re playing flatwounds.
    I like that tune! Great playing and sound, as well
    `Thank you, Calum!
    Very fine indeed, Calum. Sounds wonderful, bravo!
    Sounds great Calum!