View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Mandolin Mondays #222 w/ Special Guest Mandolin Rajesh

This week on Mandolin Mondays Mandolin Rajesh, one of the premier mandolinist of India, graces us with a beautiful improvisation over his brother U. Shrinivas' composition with his custom 5-string electric mandolin.

Uppalapu Rajesh aka "Mandolin Rajesh" is an Indian mandolin player in Carnatic classical music, a music producer and a composer. He is one of the most sought after classical artists currently in India, ...
  2. Nash the Slash, anybody?

I discovered Canadian Prog Rock band "FM" the other day, and have been somewhat obsessively researching EVERYTHING released by their former electric mandolinist, Nash the Slash.
    He's just so weird that I wanna be like him when I grow up.
    Wearing full-head bandages almost every show, though, is a level of commitment I don't know that I have...

I'd love to figure out who made his mandolins, though. I've ...
  3. Andy Farrell UK Solid Body Electric Mandolin Left Handed

Hi Guys, here is a lift form my blog "rockinwithdavepeters" in which I discuss the Andy Farrell mandolin:-

"I'd tried previously and unsuccessfully to amplify my acoustic mandolin for live work - I got a poor amplified sound and unwanted feedback, so the answer for me was a solid body instrument. This really meets the bill. It's hand made, it's intonation and action is spot on, and it stays in tune. I use this now on every gig, and it has normally remained completely ...
  4. Sylvan Music, Santa Cruz has a Maverick solid body electric mando

Sylvans-what a great store- wish I was in Santa Cruz right now, but besides that just wanted to let people know they have the last Maverick in stock.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100690.JPG 
Views:	542 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	69205