View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bitterroot F Guitar-Cello

I posted this on FaceBook and I thought it might be of interest here, too. Sorry if it's a repeat- although probably not as it looked like they used mandolin sized back-drop- sheesh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cello 34-4.jpg 
Views:	2209 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	89180Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cello 34-1.jpg 
Views:	1060 
Size:	146.4 KB 
ID:	89177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cello 34-5.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	89181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cello 34-2.jpg 
Views:	928 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	89178
    Tags: mandocello, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cello 34-3.jpg 
Views:	947 
Size:	257.8 KB 
ID:	89179  
  2. Welcome to England

A lot has happened since the last time I dropped a line here. I should update here more often! (I wonder if anyone is still reading this. Drop me a line or post a comment if you are!)

The following is a warning to all you unattached people out there. This could happen to you...

She is wonderful. She plays guitar and writes songs, she is intelligent, insightful, caring, patient, and fun to kiss. When we met she was on vacation from England, visiting the Bay Area ...

Updated Jul-11-2012 at 8:47am by Daniel Nestlerode

Categories
    Acoustic Adventures
  3. Big Horn, Big Horn Raffle

4. vinyl grommets

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
    Of course THE best ones are those forged from Orc bones,deep in the heart of Mt.Doom,in the realm of the Dark Lord,Sauron. If you stick one of those up your nose,you'll disappear up your own sound hole 'precious'. But if you can't get them,the vinyl ones will be ok,
    Ivan
    TOO FUNNY IVAN, DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE FROM RIVENDELL
    MITCH
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. vinyl grommets

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Kelsall View Post
    Of course THE best ones are those forged from Orc bones,deep in the heart of Mt.Doom,in the realm of the Dark Lord,Sauron. If you stick one of those up your nose,you'll disappear up your own sound hole 'precious'. But if you can't get them,the vinyl ones will be ok,
    Ivan
    TOO FUNNY IVAN,,DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE LOTR SAVY
    MITCH
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. I am not a musician

In many important ways you could accurately say I am not a musician. I play music, but I do not make music.

I put in significant time behind my mandolin, my fiddle, and even my tenor banjo. I play lots of different kinds of music, from old timey and bluegrass to fiddle tunes and contra dance music, tunes from Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, to tango and classical. Some of it I do real well, some of it I do passably well, and some of it I really struggle with.

But here ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. How much should I spend on a mandolin?

I have been thinking about the cost of a mandolin.

Folks go on and on about why an F style costs more than an A style, or why a vintage this costs more than a vintage that. And there are numerous discussion about getting the best mandolin you can for under $300.00.

I understand, right down to my bones I understand, having serious concerns about money. And I have been through my share of scratchy times. And this is not about how to manage that, or how to get more for what ...

Updated May-20-2016 at 9:02am by JeffD

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Weber Video Demos-summoning Elves

While I try to get videos up on our website Player, I confess to always being WAY behind. Several of our Dealers do a fine job however, and following is one comparing the Gallatin A with a Gallatin F
    Tags: mandolin, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin

This is a very nice letter, however he goes a bit deeper on many levels.
    Dear people at Sound to Earth,
    Since a couple of days I am the lucky owner of a Weber Vintage F mandolin (9372710) and I am already deeply in love with its beauty. Having played the violin for about 20 years in my youth, nowadays - I am 61 years old - the mandolin is my favourite instrument. The reason for this change is that, due to permanent back problems as result of a serious accident, I am no longer able
    Tags: mandolins, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Don't Live A Bug's Life

Don't let the internet turn you into a mosquito, drawn by the uncontrollable lure of a bug zapper, ie., too much time online. I'm in the midst of preparing a summer reading list for our teenage daughter and one for myself as well. Goals? Read more, be online less. Play more music, spend more time with friends and family.

Don't get me wrong. No one loves the internet more than I do, but there's a healthy limit, and I'm troubled by those that can't resist the lure and spend too much ...