All Blog Entries

1. The Exciting Life of a Luthier

Waiting for glue to dry:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1656.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	537.5 KB 
ID:	163138

(he's working on a 1984 Flatiron: new tuners, nut, bridge and EVO fretwire)
  2. Mandolin Mondays #102 w/ Special Guest Isaac Eicher

Isaac Eicher is with us this week on Mandolin Mondays to play an original tune on his lovely Engelmann Spruce top 2015 Heiden Mandolin.

Originally from Tulsa, OK, Isaac is now based in Music City--Nashville, TN. He started out cutting his teeth in the jazz/swing scene with local Tulsa bands like Mischievous Swing, and eventually found his way to other genres such as bluegrass and choro. In 2006, he won the National Mandolin ...
  3. Happy Holidays All! Here's The Christmas Song for mando/guitar.

Happy Holidays my friends! Bryan and I recorded this a couple weeks ago - it's one of our favorite Christmas songs. I hope you enjoy!

4. Mandolin Mondays #101 w/ Special Guest Thomas Cassell

From Circus No. 9, Thomas Cassell brings us the good notes with his solo take on this old Sam Bush tune "Sapporo"--played fittingly on a Gibson Sam Bush Model mando.

Thomas is one of the hardest working mandolin players on the scene today! In 2016 and 2017 he was selected to participate in Mike Marshall's prestigious Acoustic Music Seminar. Around this time, Thomas hit the studio to record his ...
  5. Mandolin Mondays #100!!!

Today marks 100 consecutive Mandolin Monday videos!!! Thanks for coming on this journey with me, and a huge thanks to all the pickers who have contributed to the series this year.

In celebration, I made these special foam front, snap-back, navy blue trucker hats with the Mandolin Mondays logo! Was so excited about these hats that I decided to take a stab at singing this old Merle Haggard tune--it fits the occasion quite well, ...

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:53am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me - Billy Joel (mandolin/guitar)

Hey guys! Here’s a simple arrangement of a favorite Billy Joel tune.

I need a nap.

I hope you enjoy though!

7. Michelle - Beatles Cover

Hey guys!

I worked on a collaboration with the one and only Josh Turner of the Beatles song Michelle. This has been a long time coming, and I'm happy we finally finished it!

8. Mandolin Mondays #99 w/ Special Guest Evan Marshall

Hear the one-and-only Evan Marshall play through these Thanksgiving appropriate fiddle tunes like you've never heard before! Evan and his Gilchrist F5C are unstoppable!

Evan is the unparalleled master of the solo mandolin. His 1995 Rounder Records release The Lone Arranger remains one of the premier recordings for this medium--displaying an overwhelming array of beautifully full textures, virtuosic acrobatics, and brilliant ...
  9. Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits [Acoustic]

Tom Waits is one of my favorite songwriters, and I’ve wanted to do a song off of Rain Dogs for a while now. Here’s my take on his tune Jockey Full of Bourbon.

10. Mandolin Mondays #98 w/ Special Guest Jake Workman

This week on Mandolin Mondays, Jake Workman joins us for a test run of his brand new Tom Stadler mandolin. "Bill Cheatham" at its finest!

You may know Jake from his super-human guitar playing with Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder, but, as you can see from this video, he's also a closet mandolin master. No matter the instrument, Jake always makes it look effortless. In 2015 Jake was featured on the cover of the ...