View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. That company never responded to my email!

Name:  spam.jpg
Views: 48739
Size:  138.1 KB

"Boy, am I angry! I wrote Company X about their product awhile back and they NEVER REPLIED to me. I'm THROUGH with those jerks if they don't care enough about me to answer a simple question!"

It's not just time we dispensed with this kind of thinking, its been over for years. Email was *never* a 100% percent solution, a guarantee you contacted someone successfully. It never was, and never will be. So why do people continue to engage in this kind ...

Updated Aug-28-2019 at 10:45am by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mandolin Mondays #191 w/ Special Guest Carlo Aonzo

Italy's mandolin ambassador Carlo Aonzo is with us this week for a very special Mandolin Mondays. Hear Carlo cut straight to the heart with his 1994 Gabriele Pandini bowl-back mandolin playing this beautiful Raffaele Calace classical piece.

Carlo is a native of Savona, Italy, but his efforts with the mandolin are know worldwide. His resume includes such items as playing at Carnegie Hall, performing privately in the Vatican ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #190 w/ Special Guest Mark Stoffel

Mark Stoffel, mandolinist with Chris Jones & The Night Drivers, is here on Mandolin Mondays this week with an original tune played on his trusty Gilchrist mandolin.

Originally from Munich, Germany, Mark recently became a US citizen and now lives in Southern Illinois. In addition to his work with the Night Drivers, Mark has also recorded and released his own solo CD with some creative original mandolin tunes and cover ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #189 w/ Special Guest Guthrie Trapp

Turns out Nashville guitar phenom Guthrie Trapp can also shred on the mandolin. Hear him take this 2005 Sim Daley F5 mando for cruise on this improvised piece.

When describing Guthrie's playing, no one says it better that the legendary John Oates, "He is without a doubt one of the greatest soloist I’ve ever heard, fluid, technical, inventive and soulful. Guthrie is the kind of guitarist that makes other players go home ...
  5. New Arrival!!!

I'm very happy to announce that our band, Sweet Tidings Gospel Jam, has just released our newest Gospel album, "Grace for the Journey" (July 29). This is the 2X-CD, 27 track Gospel album that we recorded last summer. We're so pleased it's finally out. The tracks on this album are all out on YouTube and the album is also available at most well known online outlets if you're interested.

Here's a YouTube sample from this album, "Drifting Too Far". I hope you ...
  6. Mandolin Mondays #188 w/ Special Guest Pepita Emmerichs

The amazing Pepita Emmerichs from Australia's acclaimed indie pop/alt folk band Oh Pep! joins us on Mandolin Mondays with this catching original tune played on Pepi's Kentucky KM 1000 mandolin--filmed at the stunning Eibsee Lake in Germany!

Since releasing their first album Stadium Cake, Oh Pep! has won the hearts of NPR, the New York Times, Paste Magazine and so much more. They've played at some of the biggest music festivals ...
  7. Another Custom Ranger Travel Mandolin

Thought I'd post this one. Bruce has been getting several inlay requests lately, not only on Rangers but armrests and truss rod covers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3122sm.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	178777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3126sm.jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	753.2 KB 
ID:	178778