View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Carl Jones & Erynn Marshall Online Classes Return Mar 11-May 8

by , Mar-02-2024 at 1:27pm (Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST)
    Hey everyone!
    Hope you are well and picking lots.
    I encourage you to make up your own musical mando exercises often. Combining moveable chord shapes or right hand pick patterns w/ various string combinations might be a start.
    Then repetition... Your exercise noodle might turn into a nifty tune ... you never know!

I'd like you to also encourage you to join Erynn and I as we are are offering one more Zoom music class this spring before we take a break for the ...
  2. Carl Jones and Erynn Marshall - Online Classes Return Sept 2023

by , Sep-04-2023 at 5:41pm (Carl Jones Mandolin Workshop: Concert Window Jan 6, 1 PM EST)
    Hello to all string ticklers out there,
    Just like you I am always trying to improve my playing and one common denominator we all have is using and selecting a pick.
    Nowadays there are so many choices it's hard to choose. Does the pick make that much difference?
    I will say I have tried many picks through the years and do like the sound and tone of some of the more expensive ones. That being said, I have seen a great player produce an equally amazing sound with a plectrum he ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #99 w/ Special Guest Evan Marshall

Hear the one-and-only Evan Marshall play through these Thanksgiving appropriate fiddle tunes like you've never heard before! Evan and his Gilchrist F5C are unstoppable!

Evan is the unparalleled master of the solo mandolin. His 1995 Rounder Records release The Lone Arranger remains one of the premier recordings for this medium--displaying an overwhelming array of beautifully full textures, virtuosic acrobatics, and brilliant ...