Blog Comments

Dude! I enjoyed that more the second, and then the third time I listened to it. You really made that tune happen as a solo mandolin performance. I didn't remember the tune, so after listening to you once, I listened to Jim & Jesse, Bluegrass Album Band, and Mark O'Connor/Sam Bush doing it. After that, I enjoyed your solo arrangement even more. Great job! That two-point Clark is pretty nice as well. Thanks and keep it up!
    Wow! Yet another Lindblom talent is unleashed! Bravo, young sir!
    Great job Linus! Thanks!
    Wow! Those are really creative lines beautifully played. Thanks for the very nice music to start off my week.
    Tasty! Thanks for the treat.
    Wonderful tone
    Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan
    Could you talk a bit about your choice of strings and pick? You really tame any tinniness as if you’re playing flatwounds.
    Wegen TF pick, but slightly lighter than the 100. Somewhere between .70 and .80. And D'addario XT 11-40s for strings. Sometimes use a BlueChip TPR-40, but in any case, the tone's in the fingers! Or perhaps more to do with where I like to direct my pick.
    Could you talk a bit about your choice of strings and pick? You really tame any tinniness as if you’re playing flatwounds.
    I like that tune! Great playing and sound, as well
    `Thank you, Calum!
    Very fine indeed, Calum. Sounds wonderful, bravo!
    Sounds great Calum!
    Killer mandolin!
    David
    first, thank you for years providing Mandolin Mondays on the Cafe(and thanks to the Cafe for hosting this every week)!

really enjoyed this tune, my kind of mandolin music and i will be looking this up.
    love the new mandolin, really awesome tone, looks amazing. i think you and Oliver hit the mark with all the build characteristics. i consider this the David Benedict Signature Apitius.

no doubts the line will start to form and orders for "i want one like you built for DB"

d
    Nice! Beautiful playing on a beautiful instrument. Congrats! That's a nice tune - I'll have to find out more about Joe LaRose. Thanks for sharing it with us David.
    Lovely sound.
    Another great Collings in action. Outstanding music and performance
    Fun compositions, fine playing, great sound you're getting from the MTO. Thanks for sharing!
    Outstanding! Especially nice music from an Oval Collings. Well played. Thank you for sharing.