View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Customer Reveiw: Custom Vintage F Mandolin

This is a very nice letter, however he goes a bit deeper on many levels.
    Dear people at Sound to Earth,
    Since a couple of days I am the lucky owner of a Weber Vintage F mandolin (9372710) and I am already deeply in love with its beauty. Having played the violin for about 20 years in my youth, nowadays - I am 61 years old - the mandolin is my favourite instrument. The reason for this change is that, due to permanent back problems as result of a serious accident, I am no longer able
    Tags: mandolins, weber
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Section on Weber Website

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG 
Views:	812 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	85116
    **btw Bruce wanted to let everyone know he has a bit of this beautiful, bear claw spruce left...You may know we have an area on our website where we post the occasional Festival Instrument that we have in the shop. These instruments were sent out to festivals, or Dealer workshops, etc., usually just have play wear, and we sell them at a discount with a Recert. Warranty. We've enlarged this area to just be BUY NOW. Along with Fest. Inst. we will post finished ...

Updated Apr-16-2012 at 10:53am by Mary Weber

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mando Funnies

Is this how you got started?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlondieLessons.JPG 
Views:	886 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	84938  
  4. What do you Carry in your Mandolin Case?

It's always fun to see how our instruments are maturing when they come home to the shop for custom work or add ons. What is even more fun is to see what players carry around in their cases. We've found sand, leaves, a wide assortment of bugs, enough dog hair to weave a medium sized rug, and pine cones. A lot of time we find play lists and pictures, sometimes love notes and even a dear John letter once. My favorites though are the Gecko droppings that were not only in the case but in the mando ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Our Visit to Piccolo's Music, Helena MT.

Bruce and I took a little road trip this morning, and stopped in at Piccolos. John has EVERYTHING there from Coda Bows, sheet music, percussion to Webers. He has a Gallatin F mando with a beautiful, subtle burst and a Yellowstone F mando with an Engelman top and one-piece back. He says the Yellowstone is one of the best he's heard, and he should know as a member of the Montana Mandolin Society..check them outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	72067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	329.0 KB 
ID:	72068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0159.jpg 
Views:	583 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	72069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	72070. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized