View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. No Mando Content

Just some thoughts, and they may go on for a while.
    Visited the family last weekend in N.C., for a ceremony honoring my dad. For 25+ yrs., he ran the aquatics center for the local parks & rec. During that time, he had literally hundreds of kids 13-21 yrs old under his wing. He became a friend, confessor, mentor, disciplinarian, and huge influence on a huge number of them.I guess I never realized how big an influence until I saw so many of them come back from all over the country to see ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Vega cylinder

Hi, I'm trying to get in touch with Brian T, I have a vega cylinder back
    which I think he use to own. It's now in N.Ireland would love to get in
    touch with him or anyone that could give me some information on it.
    It' serial no. is 38349
  3. Beginner, where to start?

I just got a banjo mandolin and would like advice on the best way to start learning to play. Thanks!
  4. Best strap for banjomandolin?

I have a Vega Little Wonder with a resonator that covers most of the hold downs and having a hard time putting a strap on it, suggestions?
    Tags: strap
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mandolin Straps

I have a good idea what a lot of you will want to do to me for even suggesting this but why don't mandolin players put strap buttons on both ends of the body of the instrument like guitar players do?

I have done that on the Rogue mandolin (don't laugh) that I bought to try and now that I'm looking to buy a better instrument I'm thinking I'd like to do the same on it.

Incidentally, I followed the set-up information provided in Robert G. Meldrum's book and it worked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Tarantella Napoletana to all my friends of Mandolin Caffe

7. Santa Claus by Bill Monroe

Could anyone provide the mando tab for Santa Claus by Bill Monroe? Thanks so much. Tom
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Looking for advice from all about mandolin future

Im 19 years old been playing the mandolin for a year and have gained some solid experience jamming and singin and pickin lead mandolin as well as some upper level skills as far as rythm and technique are considered but nothing really special. I love bluegrass its in my blood i live and breath it study watch it listen to it play it sing it i love the mandolin equally as well. I play everyday always atleast 6 and never miss when im not playin i read about it or study in some way. i have met a number ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. A Week of Revelations

Well, the week started out great! Been working more and more with the new MM, and really feeling comfortable with it.
    New song-of-the-month in the Newbies section is Gold Rush, and for some reason, this one just clicked with me as one I wanted to put some hard work into. Don't know why it never dawned on me before that almost all the "hot" bluegrassy licks I hear come from these old fiddle tunes, but it really hit me with this one.Long weekend, decided to really pour it into this ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Old Man Neil Young

Hello everyone I was wondering if someone had a tab for the song Old Man by Neil Young. This is my favorite song of all time and I wanted to learn to play it on my mando but I'm not that great at creating covers as I can't find a copy of it. Could anyone please help me! Let me know and thank you for you time!