View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #109 /// David Benedict "Twisty Jigs"

Tomorrow I'm getting on a flight to visit Ireland (so excited!), so I've been brushing up on my jigs. Recently learned these three particularly twisty ones--"The Return Home," "Cahal's Jig," and "The Mystery Inch."

Stay tuned for my new 7-part video lesson series on Mandolins Heal the World all about the Irish jig. We'll be looking at the right hand jig picking pattern, Irish triplets, and melodic ...
  2. Mandolin Mondays #43 - Bear Island Reel

I've never been, but Bear Island must be a pretty awesome place if this tune has anything to say about it. Exploring some nonconventional variations on this epic Irish reel.

Thanks so much for watching! If you liked the video, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with your friends on social media. Also, I've written out the tab/notation for how I played through the tune in this video. I'd love to connect with you and send ...

Updated Oct-24-2016 at 9:30am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Mandolin Mondays #21 - Paddy Fahy Reels

Here are a few of my favorite easy-going Irish reels--all penned by the great fiddler Paddy Fahy. In order of appearance I believe these are reels No. 14, No. 20, and No. 1 from the Fahy cannon. I learned the first two from the playing of one of my favorite fiddlers, Martin Hayes, and the last from the playing of the great Kevin Burke.

Thanks so much for watching! Also, I've written out the tab/notation for how I played through ...