View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #120 w/ Special Guest Elisa Meyer Ferreira

This week on Mandolin Mondays we have a very special video from bandolimist Elisa Meyer Ferreira from the band Choro Das 3. Hear her play this jaw-dropping original tune!

Elisa is one of the premier bandolimist from Brazil. She plays fulltime with her family in the internationally acclaimed band Choro Das 3. Together they have a host of incredible recorded work, including their most recent release, Impressions. Check it out ...
  2. Mandolin Mondays #107 w/ Special Guest Marilynn Mair

Classical mandolinist Marilynn Mair brings us some lovely Brazilian music played on her unique Woodley mandolin for this week's Mandolin Mondays.

Marilynn is a distinguished mandolin performer, author, and educator based in the Rhode Island area. Over the years, she has performed at prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, the White House, and the Lincoln Center. ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #74 /// "Diabinho Maluco"

Working on this Choro tune by Jacob do Bandolim and it's been a tricky little devil to learn. In fact, that's what it's called! I enjoyed exploring some dynamic and melodic variations with this one.

Thanks so much for watching and sharing these videos with your friends! Also, I've written out the tab/notation for how I played through the tunes in this video. I'd love to connect with you and send you a free copy. Just contact ...