View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #74 /// "Diabinho Maluco"

Working on this Choro tune by Jacob do Bandolim and it's been a tricky little devil to learn. In fact, that's what it's called! I enjoyed exploring some dynamic and melodic variations with this one.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking!

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:50am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mandolin Mondays #73 w/ Special Guest Rory Hoffman

For this week's Mandolin Mondays, I'm thrilled to have a special video of Nashville-based multi-instrumentalist Rory Hoffman test driving his brand new Voight 2-point mandolin with an incredible improvised blues.

Rory's inimitable and virtuosic playing across a plethora of different instruments and genres has made him somewhat of a Nashville legend. Over the years he has toured, performed, and recorded with such musicians ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #72 w/ Special Guest Don Julin

Creator of Mandolins Heal the World, Don Julin is here with us this week playing a sweet Led Zeppelin song on his Airline Electric Mandola.

Don Julin is a Michigan-based performer and instructor who has been at the forefront of mandolin education for many years. In 2012, Don wrote and released the popular mandolin learning resource, Mandolins for Dummies--a veritable smorgasbord of mandolin history, exercises, techniques, ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #71 w/ Special Guest Casey Campbell

A swinging Jethro Burns tune plus a Rattlesnake mandolin plus Nashville cat Casey Campbell equals all the good notes for this week's Mandolin Monday video.

Casey Campbell has as deep roots in bluegrass as just about anyone in the business. Son of fiddler and Bluegrass Boy Jimmy Campbell, Casey literally took his first steps in Bill Monroe's dressing room at the Grand Ole Opry. Since then he's made a name for himself on the ...
  5. Mandolin Mondays #70 w/ Special Guest Alex Heflin

Los Angeles-based jazz mandolinist Alex Heflin joins Mandolin Mondays this week with a tasty solo arrangement of his original tune, "Benjamin."

Alex has been making waves in recent years with his own youtube channel. Every Friday he posts a creative cover featuring his adept playing on the mandolin and multiple other instruments. Alex also transcribed and published a great collection of monumental jazz mandolin solos ...