View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #261 w/ Special Guest Laura-Beth Salter

To start a New Year of Mandolin Mondays off right, Glaswegian singer, songwriter, and mandolinist Laura-Beth Salter brings us a set of original tunes played on her lovely Krishot Mandolins F5 built by Eduard Krištůfek.

A well kent face on the Glasgow Folk and Roots scene, mandolinist, tutor, singer and composer Laura-Beth is a founding member of award winning folk bands The Shee & Kinnaris Quintet. ...

Updated Jan-04-2021 at 8:53am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mandolin Mondays #176 w/ Special Guest Simon Mayor

British humorist and mandolin luminary Simon Mayor, brings us a very special Mandolin Mondays video this week with his beautiful teardrop mandolin built by Mike Vanden. Hear him play the sweetest Irish Air that's ever been played on the mandolin.

Simon has been at the forefront of the UK acoustic scene since the release of his 1990 debut release The Mandolin Album. His virtuosic and eclectic playing style ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #154 w/ Special Guest Luke Plumb

This week on Mandolin Mondays, Australian Celtic mandolin master Luke Plumb brings us a set of lively reels played on his sweet 1999 Gilchrist mandolin.

Luke has been at the forefront of the Australian acoustic music for the past 2 decades. Since a stretch of time playing and touring with the popular Scottish fusion band Shooglenifty, Luke has returned to Melbourne to pursue his solo career as producer ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #134 w/ Special Guest Dan Beimborn

Owner and administrator of the Mandolin Archive website, Dan Beimborn sends us some jigs all the way from Norfolk, England played on his one-of-a-kind 1909 Gibson F4.

Dan has been a huge contributor to the online mandolin community for the past 15 years. His site http://www.mandolinarchive.com/ is the premier online database for vintage and boutique mandolins. period. But sadly not as many people know Dan for his incredible ...

Updated Jul-24-2018 at 4:20pm by Mandolin Cafe

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mandolin Mondays #89 w/ Special Guest Andrew Collins

This week, Toronto-based, award-winning mandolinist Andrew Collins brings us an imaginative arrangement of the Celtic classic "Banish Misfortune" on his lovely Heiden F5 mandolin.

Andrew has been a fixture in the Canadian folk music scene for over a decade. Through the years, he's been awarded numerous Juno and Canadian Folk Music Awards for his expansive recorded work.

I first ...
  6. Mandolin Mondays #43 - Bear Island Reel

I've never been, but Bear Island must be a pretty awesome place if this tune has anything to say about it. Exploring some nonconventional variations on this epic Irish reel.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking!

David

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:45am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized