View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #115 w/ Special Guest Korey Brodsky

Korey Brodsky brings us an impressive solo mandolin arrangement of the Earl Scruggs classic "Groundspeed" on his J Bovier Mandolin.

Originally from Newtown, Connecticut, Korey is now studying mandolin at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA. He's a top notch player on both mandolin and guitar and is already making waves in the Northeastern bluegrass and swing circles.

In 2016, Korey released ...
  2. Mandolin Mondays #112 w/ Special Guest Lauren Price

This week Lauren Price of The Price Sisters joins us for some impressive Monroe stylings on her Buckeye mandolin.

Lauren has been a traditional bluegrass thespian from the age of 9. Since then she's traveled far from her home in Sardis, Ohio to bring her music to festivals all over the states--even to China! In 2017, she graduated from Morehead State University in Kentucky, where she earned a BA in traditional music with ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #103 w/ Special Guest Scott Napier

The great Scott Napier wrote us a new original tune for this week's Mandolin Mondays! Hear that 1939 Gibson F5 sing!

Scott has been knee deep in bluegrass for the past 20 years. At the start of his career, Scott spent 10 years playing with the bluegrass legend Larry Sparks and his band The Lonesome Ramblers. Since then, he has performed with bluegrass award winning groups such as Dale Ann Bradley, Marty Raybon, Bobby Osborne, ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #78 /// "Bluegrass in the Backwoods"

Happy birthday to everyone's favorite fiddler, bluegrass boy Kenny Baker, who was born this day 91 years ago. I recently learned this epic 5 part tune that he wrote, and wanted to play it in his memory.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking! ...

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:50am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mandolin Mondays #48 - In Despair

Hey everyone! In case you missed the big news, next year I'll be moving up to Boston to join the young, New England bluegrass band, Mile Twelve. I'm so excited about this new opportunity, and I'd love for you to hear the band! Here's a video of us playing and singing Bill Monroe's song "In Despair."

Thanks so much for watching! If you liked the video, I'd appreciate it if you'd share it with your friends on social ...
  6. Mandolin Mondays# 46 - John Hardy

I think I was able to squeeze in just about every Sam Bush lick I know into this rendition of John Hardy. Slarge Son!

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin

Happy Picking!

David

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:46am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized