View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #109 /// David Benedict "Twisty Jigs"

Tomorrow I'm getting on a flight to visit Ireland (so excited!), so I've been brushing up on my jigs. Recently learned these three particularly twisty ones--"The Return Home," "Cahal's Jig," and "The Mystery Inch."

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal solo Mandolin Mondays arrangements on my Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/davidbenedictmandolin ...

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:53am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mandolin Mondays #108 w/ Special Guest Ted Eschliman

This week, JazzMando.com founder Ted Eschliman graces us with a chord melody version of this George Gershwin classic on a his incredible Clark 5-String electric mandolin.

Ted has had his finger on the pulse of the online mandolin community for over a decade. In addition to his impressive work on JazzMando.com, Ted is also the forum moderator for our very own Mandolin Cafe. His educational efforts in jazz mandolin have helped ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #107 w/ Special Guest Marilynn Mair

Classical mandolinist Marilynn Mair brings us some lovely Brazilian music played on her unique Woodley mandolin for this week's Mandolin Mondays.

Marilynn is a distinguished mandolin performer, author, and educator based in the Rhode Island area. Over the years, she has performed at prestigious venues such as Carnegie Hall, the White House, and the Lincoln Center. ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #106 w/ Special Guest Nick Dumas

Special Consensus mandolinist Nick Dumas plays us an original tune on his lovely Hinde mandolin for this week's Mandolin Mondays video.

Originally from Brier, Washington, Nick has become well known in the bluegrass world for his killer mandolin chops and strong vocals. Starting out Nick was a co-founder of the popular Northwest-based bluegrass bands Northern Departure and North Country Bluegrass. In 2015, Nick moved to Tennessee ...
  5. Mandolin Mondays #105 w/ Special Guest Josh Rilko

Starting out the New Year right with an awesome Mandolin Mondays video from East Nashville cat Josh Rilko of Lindsay Lou & the Flatbellys. Josh gives us a fresh look at an old time standard on his big sounding Bayard Blain mandola.

Lindsay Lou & the Flatbellys has been in the scene for the past 8 years. They've made a mark on the acoustic music world with their strong bluegrass musicianship, innovative arrangements, ...