View RSS Feed

dbmandolin

1. Mandolin Mondays #404 /// "Kentucky Mandolin"

Such a fun Monroe tune to play on a fitting instrument!

If you want to hear how this mandolin stacks up against 6 other beginner mandolins, check out the recent beginner mandolin comparison video that we just did on the channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTu2GpRE7o

Also, if you want a transcription of this arrangement, you can find the tab/notation here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ubS...ew?usp=sharing ...
  2. Mandolin Mondays #119 w/ Special Guest Ryan Paisley

Ryan Paisley of Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass crushes some Monroe for us this week on Mandolin Mondays. Listen to that Kentucky mandolin sing!

Ryan started playing the mandolin at the age of 4 and hasn't ever looked back. By the time he was 12 he was already playing on stage with the likes of country legend Marty Stuart. Now Ryan plays full time with his father in the IBMA award-winning band Danny Paisley and the Southern ...
  3. Mandolin Mondays #37 - The Old Mountaineer

Happy Birthday, Bill Monroe (Sept 13th)! My life would be completely different without your hand in making the mandolin into what it is today. So here's my watered down version of one of my favorite Monroe tunes "The Old Mountaineer." I compared notes on this piece with some great recordings by Mike Compton, Jimmy Campbell, and Kenny Baker.

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other ...
  4. Mandolin Mondays #26 - Denver Belle

Happy Birthday to the greatest bluegrass fiddler of all time, Kenny Baker! (6/26/26) Trying out some silly acrobatics on this cool tune that he was known for playing.

Today marks half a year of Mandolin Monday madness! Thanks so much for watching, sharing, and making this an unforgettable experience so far! Here's to many more!

You can now get a tab/notation transcription for this video, and all of my other personal ...

Updated Jun-01-2020 at 4:41am by dbmandolin

Categories
    Uncategorized