View RSS Feed

General Mandolin Comments

General mandolin comments.

1. Mandolins For Kids

Yesterday morning we started our community support of the Mandolins for Kids programs that are a part of the California Bluegrass Associations Kids on Bluegrass, and the Cool Mandolin Company's Cool Mandolins for Kids.

It was an amazing first day, but now the real work begins.

If everyone that was a member of this forum donated one penny per post they'd made, we'd be done, and no one would be broke. But I'm not naive, so I'll press on.

I am struck by ...

Updated Dec-13-2008 at 6:15pm by Scott Tichenor

Categories
  2. A Kansas Nutcracker - Here We Go

It's just like playing in a band, only a little larger. I mentioned in an earlier note the upcoming performances I'm involved in with this holiday favorite, done in our community with some mandolins in the orchestra. Last night was our first full rehearsal with just the orchestra.

I've done this production before, but it was 2003 the last time around, and I'm struck by the simple fact that it really is a big band, and anyone that's been in very many bands knows this story.
  3. Mandolins For Kids

In a few days--meaning when I get to it--the Cafe will be launching an effort to generate support for two worthy programs that have been around for awhile but fly under the radar too much and can use our collective assistance.

These two programs are the California Bluegrass Association's Kids on Bluegrass and the Cool Mandolin Company's Cool Mandolins for Kids.

The good news is that both programs are quite well organized, have success matching young children with mandolins, ...

Updated Dec-02-2008 at 7:52am by Scott Tichenor (spelling errors :))

Categories
  4. A Kansas Nutcracker - with Mandolins

inline imageLet's just get the jokes right out in the open. I live in Kansas, and you can guarantee I've heard all the jokes about this state. It's all true.

I've been to the world's largest ball of twine, the world's largest prairie dog, the world's deepest hand-dug well... and the concrete Garden of Eden, these, our pitiful most laughed about tourist destinations and the butt of endless jokes. No, thank ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dorothy.jpg 
Views:	2271 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	55634  
  5. Old and New - a 1912 Blond F4 Gets a New Home

Well, 13 years and one week to the day of launching the Mandolin Cafe, I'm writing this inside of vBulletin's blogging software so I can get up to speed and roll it out to the rest of the message board members.

Remember the Cafe's "Pub" that ran from 2001 to 2004? Maybe this is its return.

Big news around my house is that my lust for a blond F4 has finally been satisfied with the recent acquisition of #12106, a 1912 model complete with Handel tuners. Sure, she has a ...

Updated Nov-25-2008 at 4:40pm by Scott Tichenor

Categories
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567