PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Moore w/ Haggard

mandopops
Oct-12-2013, 9:32am
I know Tiny Moore spent some time in Merle Haggard's band. I have their 'Bob Wills Tribute' album.

Are there any other Haggard songs with Tiny taking a Mandolin solo?

Thanx,

Joe

Charlieshafer
Oct-12-2013, 7:53pm
Wow, tough to answer without looking at all the disks and their info. You could of course spend days on youtube hoping for a glance, but that's be tough. A possible solution is to post the same question in the electric mandolin section of the forum and hope one of the guys knows of some specifics. Heck, you could always go on Merle's site, ask the question, and maybe one of the Strangers would get back to you. Stranger things have happened...

Jacob
Oct-12-2013, 8:00pm
Wind It Up, Mr. Moore (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?67096-quot-Wind-It-Up-Mr-Moore)

Mike Bunting
Oct-12-2013, 9:34pm
Tiny did some fair hot fiddling wthe the Hag too.
j4VXK9FF4VA

mrbook
Oct-13-2013, 5:01pm
There is a 1970s Haggard song called "Living with the Shades Pulled Down" - just before the break, I believe he says, "All right, Tiny," and it sounds like Tiny Moore and his electric mandolin. Can't remember the album.

mandopops
Oct-14-2013, 11:54am
Thanx for the "Wind it up,Tiny".
Yes, Bill, your right he does say "All Right, Tiny." As a matter of fact, I think Tiny kicks it off and does a bunch of fills early on. The album is 'It's all in the Movies'.

Joe

Timbofood
Oct-14-2013, 2:27pm
Do my eyes read the peg head right? Bigsby!?

Mike Bunting
Oct-14-2013, 2:33pm
Do my eyes read the peg head right? Bigsby!?
Well, yes.

Jacob
Oct-14-2013, 3:04pm
Tiny Moore at emando.com (http://emando.com/players/Moore.htm)

Don Stiernberg
Oct-15-2013, 9:15am
I think there are a few Tiny threads over on the jazz discussion board..

In addition to "tribute to the Best Damn Fiddler"(an other worldly all-time masterpiece with tons on of Tiny and Johnny)I seem to recall a live album by Merle in Anaheim Stadium where Tiny gets some breaks. He's also on a few other LP's, featured on a track here and there..Cherokee Maiden I think is one of the tunes..Also Merle played a bit of guitar on Tiny's solo project "Tiny Moore Music"

Mike Bunting
Oct-15-2013, 2:13pm
I think there are a few Tiny threads over on the jazz discussion board..

In addition to "tribute to the Best Damn Fiddler"(an other worldly all-time masterpiece with tons on of Tiny and Johnny)I seem to recall a live album by Merle in Anaheim Stadium where Tiny gets some breaks. He's also on a few other LP's, featured on a track here and there..Cherokee Maiden I think is one of the tunes..Also Merle played a bit of guitar on Tiny's solo project "Tiny Moore Music"

That was "fuzz" guitar!

Don Stiernberg
Oct-16-2013, 1:21am
just looked through my Haggard vinyl...Tiny is credited on
The Epic Collection Recorded Live
Big City/ Big Sky Country
That's the Way love goes
it's all in the Game
the Anaheim stadium album is called "Rainbow Stew LIVE'

Undoubtedly there are others. Tiny wrote the notes for "Hag presents His 30th Album" with his wife Dean, which includes some songs they co-wrote.

Merle's body of work is staggering and thank goodness he appreciated and showcased the great Tiny Moore.

mandopops
Oct-16-2013, 8:16am
Hey Don,

Thanx for info on the Tiny trax. I'll have to scope them out.

Since I had the Haggard w/ Tiny Wills Tribute, I was looking for something else w/ them. Yes, Tiny was great.

Joe