PDA

View Full Version : Headstock Photo

thistle3585
Feb-18-2005, 2:31pm
Here is my headstock. What are your thoughts on the logo and where it is located. Should I move it closer to the nut? Should it be larger or smaller? This is all that needs to be decided before putting the finish on.

glauber
Feb-18-2005, 2:51pm
Dude, German is spelled with a "G"! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

mrmando
Feb-18-2005, 2:52pm
I'd vote for making it a little smaller, and gold instead of white.

sunburst
Feb-18-2005, 3:36pm
Well,
I hope you're not in a hurry. My experience with designing is; I have to look at it for a long time...days, weeks...and change things gradually 'til it looks right.
Also, you should draw in the tuners and strings to really see what you'll have.
And, to get a good idea of what it's going to look like, I'd need to see it in context with the rest of the instrument.
Here's one idea that came to my mind, and might be one direction to experiment in.

I curved the logo to follow the bottom edge of the peghead and lengthened it to better match the length of the tuner holes. I think it's coming into ballance better with these changes, but I'd have a long way to go before I knew I was done.

Christian McKee
Feb-18-2005, 3:48pm
FWIW, I second the changes made by sunburst.

Christian

Joel Glassman
Feb-23-2005, 4:01pm
The second one looks nice, but I'd use type which is less bold or "fat". A pure white may be a little stark.

thistle3585
Feb-23-2005, 4:34pm
Thanks for the input. I liked what Jogn did also. Now I just have to recreate the effect. I am thinking about changing the headstock design, as it looks like several others, so I am starting from scratch. I went with something similar to what I originally posted as the person I built it for wanted me to finish it.

jefflester
Feb-23-2005, 6:56pm
Maybe you should add a little Homer Simpson head?

Carolinamando
Feb-23-2005, 7:28pm
I vote for the second image.

frankseanez
Feb-27-2005, 2:02pm
You could add a Homer, but it's been done. Maybe Jeff could give a little head, I hear that he's good!

Frank

frankseanez
Feb-28-2005, 6:40pm
Sorry, that post was incomplete. What I typed in whole and somehow partially deleted was "Maybe Jeff could give a little more thought to the head, I hear that he's good!"

Frank

Perry
Mar-01-2005, 7:38pm
my opinion on logo....go smaller

Lee
Mar-02-2005, 5:14pm
Slightly less bold for the script. Otherwise I think the second photo looks pretty darned good. If anything, try changing the angle of the top of the headstock so it's angled towards the tuner holes instead of away.

mandolooter
Mar-04-2005, 3:37pm
of the 2, the 2nd gets my vote. Maybe try black just to see how it looks.