PDA

View Full Version : cumberland bridges

dannyd0ne
Sep-30-2013, 9:30pm
i had to drive out to oklahoma city this week and decided to stop in Hendersonville,Tn
and pay a really friendly visit with Steve Smith at Cumberland Acoustics he adjusted the nut height and checked out the rest of my adjustments on my Loar 600 now it plays like silk,also Steve had some really beautiful resonator guitars that he makes in his shop along with some beautiful guitars they go under Redline Acoustics really a nice person to talk to (i probably talked his ear off) but if you get a chance to go near Nashville,Tn look him up and check out some really nice stuff

Folkmusician.com
Sep-30-2013, 9:34pm
Steve is great! If we factor in the time we spent talking every time I order bridges, I imagine he makes next to nothing. hehe. :)

dannyd0ne
Sep-30-2013, 9:43pm
he treats you like he's known you forever and the tour of his shop was exciting just knowing what he makes in there

pheffernan
Oct-01-2013, 2:57am
And let's not forget Steve's Redline Traveler flattop mandolins. They're beautifully appointed, solid wood construction, and made in the U.S.A. Yet because they're so affordable, they make a fine starter instrument, second instrument, travel instrument, or just plain instrument!

Pat (owner of #45, dated October 22, 2009)

dannyd0ne
Oct-01-2013, 6:25am
yes i seen those sweet little jewels also matter o fact played one too,he also had some electric bicycles to for any one too tired (old) to pedal lol

Leon Peoples
Oct-01-2013, 10:37am
Im gonna hafta check the electric bicycles out, wonder how fast and how far between charges ?
best/joe

Steevarino
Oct-01-2013, 7:53pm
Yep, one stop shopping at Cumberland Acoustic /RedLine Acoustics! Joe, I got into the electric bicycle business just because I wanted one for me and my wife. I wound up becoming a dealer for what I consider to be the best e-bikes on the market. No mando content, but since you asked, they go an average of 20 miles or 2 hours of riding per charge, thanks to the lithium-ion battery and advanced electronics. For those interested, here's a link to our little e-bike adventure...

http://cumberlandelectricbicycles.com (http://cumberlandelectricbicycles.com)/

bjewell
Oct-02-2013, 6:04pm
E-bikes are real popular in Tokyo. Always freaked me out when some oba-san sailed past me going uphill while I was mashing the pedals. "Konichi-wa to you too!"