PDA

View Full Version : MAD Magazine

AlanN
Feb-26-2004, 8:02am
Well, picked up the latest super special last night (hey, it's my only vice) and see that the artist interview this go-around is with Will Elder, one of the early artists who penned such classics as spoofs on Sherlock Holmes and the Katzenjammer Kids. I eagerly read it 'cause I grew up with his boy and remember Sr. drawing at home. Anyway, in the interview, the guy is asked "So, who's the better musician -Bobby Osborne or Andy Statman?" I dang near died. I mean, MAD mangazine and mandolins? Will Elder is a picker? Is there no end to the wonders of the world?

"What, Me Worry?"

John Flynn
Feb-26-2004, 8:10am
LOL! What a whacky comparison, Osbourne and Statman! Of course, if someone seriously started a thread here about which of those two was the best musician, it would probably go to 8 pages and most of the posts would be chiming in about Chris Thile!

Scotti Adams
Feb-26-2004, 8:17am
..well..Bobby....of course... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

AlanN
Feb-26-2004, 8:23am
Now that I think about it, there's a regular piece in the monthly called Monroe, about a "freaky little dude". Could it really be....nah!