PDA

View Full Version : List of Kimble & Gilchrist Mandos

Phil Goodson
Aug-31-2013, 6:58am
I don't remember coming across this webpage before or hearing it discussed:

Mark Daly's page with list of most Kimble mandos and Gilchrist mandos. Some good gallery pictures of various things also.

Enjoy or comment.:)

Mark Daly's Webpage (http://mandomusic.com/home.html)

Headings at the top to find lists and gallery.

(No connection with Mark or anything found on website.):cool:

JimRichter
Aug-31-2013, 7:57am
Mark's had that website for awhile. A very nice fellow who I've had the pleasure to be around a few times. Talented artist, mandolinist, and businessman. As I recall, I thought he was putting together a Gilchrist coffee table book.

Markelberry
Sep-01-2013, 1:05pm
the instrument listed as Ry Cooder was mine at one time,my first good mandolin.It was stolen and returned 2 yrs later,intead of retopping and keeping it I traded it for a newer Gilly A which I no longer have. I sure wish I wouldve just topped the mandolin and kept it, what a big dummie I loved it!

SternART
Sep-01-2013, 3:51pm
Mark's had that website for awhile. A very nice fellow who I've had the pleasure to be around a few times. Talented artist, mandolinist, and businessman.

I didn't realize Mark was archiving the Kimble instruments too....COOL! .......and I agree on the "pleasure to be around" & "talented" part!

I heard Ry Cooder got a Heiden mandolin too, about a year ago, he mentioned it in a radio interview.