PDA

View Full Version : Little Lion Man cover using mandolin

edarnold
Aug-24-2013, 10:45am
Hi,
First post, so I thought I'd start with a video of the sort of stuff I do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c45eIH2yUBs

(Please note it contains an expletive lyric as per the original)

It's just a Fender FM-52E that I noodle around on in different tunings. Recorded in my home studio as you can see.

Hope you enjoy it!

-Ed

Astro
Aug-24-2013, 10:56am
Nice strumming. Not easy to lay those strums right in sync. Nice studio too. Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Toni Schula
Aug-24-2013, 1:46pm
Hi Ed,

Very well done! I like this song and I like your version.
I once tried that but had to give up on the singing.

Bauzl

Richard J
Aug-24-2013, 1:53pm
Excellent.

edarnold
Aug-25-2013, 5:40pm
Nice strumming. Not easy to lay those strums right in sync. Nice studio too. Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks guys. As for the strumming pattern - it is indeed a little counter-intuitive in places, especially when playing the kick and tambourine pedals. The latter also explains why I look like I'm doing a funky dance in places by the way.

I play the song on guitar when performing live, but I'm trying to figure out a way of starting it on mandolin before seamlessly switching to guitar when it kicks in to the heavy part; I'm sure I saw a Tom Petty or George Harrison concert video once where someone had a mandolin on a stand and a guitar slung around them already for just such a change.

Mateus
Aug-26-2013, 11:27am
This is crazy good mate! Well done!

Tavy
Aug-26-2013, 11:54am
Really nice job - I have nothing but admiration for anyone that can stomp on a foot pedal and play at the same time!

Mark Wilson
Aug-26-2013, 12:17pm
!Bravo! Nice tight rhythm. Well done. What model taylor?

Welcome to the Mandolin Cafe

Pete Jenner
Aug-26-2013, 12:35pm
Not bad.