PDA

View Full Version : Noam Plays Kenny Plays Bill

mandolino maximus
Aug-13-2013, 2:53pm
Ronnie McCoury on mandolin / Sampler You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqys8Ez7Cno&feature=youtu.be

coletrickle
Aug-13-2013, 3:03pm
Reading his website it sounds like a heartfelt tribute...I'll be very interested in this one. He is such a talented player...can play it straight and can go to Mars with it.

Brandon Flynn
Aug-13-2013, 3:50pm
Love his sense of humor. Best bluegrass album title I've seen in a while.

greg_tsam
Aug-13-2013, 9:24pm
I'm with Flynn. Great title!

doc holiday
Aug-13-2013, 11:25pm
let's see Ronnie McCoury, Bryan Sutton, Dennis Crouch, Stuart Duncan & NP -- bound to be a keeper.

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-14-2013, 1:32am
Many thanks for posting that clip mando.max - one of my very favourite tunes & one i've played 100's of times - but not like that !.Mine's the 'straight up' original style,played i believe by Tony Ellis,although on the LP,no player credits are given,
Ivan

JEStanek
Aug-14-2013, 7:41am
That sounds really good. Adding to my wish list.

Jamie

Jim Garber
Aug-14-2013, 9:03am
In a few decades there will be some collection called "_____________ plays Noam Plays Kenny Plays Bill".

OldSausage
Aug-14-2013, 9:20am
This is going to be a great album.

CrazyMandolin
Aug-14-2013, 10:08am
Exceedingly excited about this one.

Spruce
Aug-14-2013, 10:20am
In a few decades there will be some collection called "_____________ plays Noam Plays Kenny Plays Bill".

Hmmm...
"The Mangler plays Noam Plays Kenny Plays Bill"....
Surf style... ;)

mandolino maximus
Aug-14-2013, 10:41am
You can see and hear some really super bluegrass from the group Noam will be touring with this fall including Bryan Sutton on guitar again with other super fiddle (Bulla) and bass (Bales)players. Jesse Cobb, who's playing from 10 feet away that shredded my face and convinced me to check out this whole mandolin world in earnest, is on mandolin for the Fall (and for the NY Banjo Summit that Noam is participating in as well). For extra money, Noam might not sing.

JEStanek
Aug-14-2013, 10:42am
Jake Shimabukuro Plays Noam Pikelny Plays Kenny Baker Plays Bill Monroe (Uke, Banjo, Fiddle, Mandolin)

Also out, Anthony Daniels Plays Kenny Baker Plays David Prowse.

Jamie

Jim Garber
Aug-14-2013, 10:58am
Hmmm...
"The Mangler plays Noam Plays Kenny Plays Bill"....
Surf style... ;)
I will buy that one, too.

Ivan Kelsall
Aug-15-2013, 2:14am
It sounds like an awesome line up to my ears. I wish to hades they'd come over to the UK !!,
Ivan:(

Bertram Henze
Aug-15-2013, 2:57am
It seems that the recitation of a whole genealogy, once common in Celtic and Arabic countries, just undergoes a revival...

swampstomper
Aug-15-2013, 1:03pm
Wow, this is taking Bill Keith's idea to a whole new level. Keith had the idea he could play old-time fiddle tunes on the banjo, and did. But Noam is playing modern bluegrass Baker-style note for note on the banjo -- check out the final unison chorus. What a great tune. I look forward to the project.