PDA

View Full Version : Pointed V pick wear out?

Narayan Kersak
Aug-10-2013, 6:59am
I am a huge fan of v-picks. I'm curious though. Does anyone else use the triangular pointed v picks and find the points wear off after a while, say after a few months of playing?

Mine start to turn into rounded picks after a while.

Tobin
Aug-10-2013, 6:47pm
I ordered some V-Picks recently, and they sent me one of the super pointy ones free just to try out. I've used it here and there, just to experiment with tone and speed, but I wouldn't call it heavy use by any means. And yes, I'm already seeing some wear on the point. I could imagine it wearing down to a more rounded shape in a few months with regular use. I think their selling point is tone and grip, not long life. The material just isn't going to hold up like some other brands.

I do like the tone of some of their picks, especially the Gladiator. It's my backup for my Blue-Chip.

Narayan Kersak
Aug-11-2013, 12:22pm
I love the picks. Just wanted to see if I was excessively heavy on the picks. They are worth it in my book.

sbarnes
Aug-14-2013, 12:51pm
I've used them for quite some time and yes they do 'round over' after a while....but it takes a while....I've have some success re shaping them w/emery boards/files....and I've also ruined some doing that....