PDA

View Full Version : Just Because

Carolina_Quinn
Feb-10-2005, 10:42pm
Does anyone have the tab for "Just Because" (Just because your momma thinks you're pretty...) in the key of "G"? #I've found it in "A", but I dont know how I could convert it (still got a ton to learn!).

Tks alot, I really appreciate it.

Quinn

Pete Braccio
Feb-11-2005, 12:00am
I guessing that you just need to drop all the notes down one full step and you're there. Give it a shot and see how it sounds.

Pete

csstanley
Feb-11-2005, 9:51am
Carolina, I found a Transposing wheel on The Gospel Music Archive that may help. I know for dumb people like me its very helpful.

You can find it here: http://www.gospelmusic.org.uk/resources/transposition_wheel_shock.htm

Carolina_Quinn
Feb-12-2005, 9:06am
Tks for the tips, guys. Stupid question: how do I drop the notes down a full step? I'm afraid my music theory is a bit lacking!

Does anyone have the song in tab or standard notation?

I have really got to work on my scales, and just be able to play by ear. Sigh....

Tks alot.

Pete Braccio
Feb-12-2005, 2:24pm
Just play the tune two frets closer to the peg head. If you're playing in the first position (frets 1 -7) you will probably have to move notes to the next lower string. (eg. 1st fret on A string goes to 6th fret on D).

I couldn't do this in my head, so more than likely you're going to have to write this out on a new tab. I know that you can get blank tab forms online, but I can't find the link right now.

Pete