PDA

View Full Version : San Juan Mnadolins

Lane Pryce
Feb-09-2005, 10:04am
Any of you have experience with the San Juans? Lp

Don Grieser
Feb-09-2005, 11:09am
I've played a few of Bobby's mandolins when I've seen him at festivals in Colorado. He's definitely got the tone dialed in. He's pulled out some mandolins that have been played for a couple months that have been exceptional. The newly finished ones he's had on display have been a little tight, but those ones that have been played for awhile have been great. Nice workmanship all around too.

doublestop
Feb-10-2005, 7:39am
I played Anthony Hannigan's last year and it was a good one. It was probably well played in as well. I think he plays it more than his Gil. He's might be lurking around here somewhere and might chime in.

THP
Feb-10-2005, 10:56am
Yes the San Juan's are amazing mandolins for sure. I have #7 F model and it's an amazing instrument. I have had it in very dry conditions and very humid conditions and it has not failed me once. The tone is incredible from the get go and only gets better as time goes on. Bobby's new ones are fantastic. He does have the tone and feel dialed in.
A good friend of mine has #1 A model and it's a boomer!
I dont know if you all saw his website , its
San Juan Mandolins (http://www.sanjuanmandolins.com)
The playability is great too and Bobby has to be one of the nicest guys on earth and very tuned in to players needs and demands.
Hope this helps
Anthony
www.hickoryproject.com

Patrick Gunning
Feb-10-2005, 5:51pm
I played an a-model of his at Wintergrass last year and it was spectacular - the best mando I played at the whole festival I think.