PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog #74 has arrived

edandjudy3946
Jul-09-2013, 9:34pm
[Happy birthday and father’s day to me ( maybe for a few years lol )

Bulldog #74 (although Barry has built more than 130 instruments) arrived safely today – only one day from Savannah Ga to Lakemont Ga in the Smokies here in NE Ga. I could not be more pleased with his work. Everything is exactly as I had asked for. I always preferred a satin finish over glossy (personal preference I know) and the color is as requested – very much like Bulldog #65 I had seen on YouTube. It was begun on Mar 2nd – very fast time for a made-in-the-USA custom instrument. I sold in the past my Weber and Flatiron but got the mando bug back and this feels and plays as well or better. It has a radiused fretboard, radiused Randy Wood bridge, the extension has contrasting maple for faux frets – very cool, curly maple sides and back and Engleman spruce top, upgraded tailpiece, internal K&K pickup, 1-1/8 nut and Schaller tuners. The action is awesome and the chops are loud and woody and will only get better and the case fits perfectly with room to spare . I cannot give enough thanks to Barry and Sabine. Barry was a pleasure to do business with – great communication all the way, photos sent as work progressed, spoke to him several times on the phone and all questions were answered promptly. He steered me away from some potentially bad decisions. Money is always a private thing between builder and customer but I truly have to say I don’t know how I could have gotten more value for my investment anywhere. I have years of enjoyment ahead of me. Thank you Barry & Sabine !

Now if I can only put it down to go to bed....

Danny Clark
Jul-09-2013, 9:39pm
good looking mndolin ,i have had a couple of Barrys,nice mandolins,
enjoy
Danny

Levi
Jul-10-2013, 11:54am
I really like the look of those pointy scrolls. And that finish is very unique and handsome.

edandjudy3946
Jul-10-2013, 11:57am
ah shucks - thank ya' muchly

250sc
Jul-10-2013, 1:31pm
Beautiful instrument. Enjoy.

Perry Babasin
Jul-10-2013, 2:53pm
What a Beauty!!

Michael Bridges
Jul-10-2013, 4:31pm
That's a beaut! Love the finish. I've been very impressed by Barry's work I've seen on the web.

Ray Neuman
Jul-21-2013, 10:36pm
Beautiful instrument! I have Bulldog #24 and LOVE the sounds Barry gets! Congrats!