PDA

View Full Version : Songs about Rain

Tibby
Feb-25-2004, 12:12pm
Maybe it is just the radio reception, but does anyone else hear a Mandolin in "Songs about Rain" by Gary Allen? If so, does anyone know where I can find the mandolin tabs for it?

Steve Russon
Feb-25-2004, 12:35pm
Hi, I can't say I've ver heard of teh song but whilst we are on teh subject of rain do you have any idea where I could find the Mandolin music for "Mandolin Rain" on Pam Tillis' album "All This Love"?

brian2
Feb-25-2004, 12:46pm
Yes, there is a Mandolin in "Songs about Rain." I don't have the tab, but the song is in the key of G, if that helps any.

Tibby
Feb-25-2004, 7:12pm
Thanks. It sounds like they are just stringing chord in the intro.

aimee
Feb-26-2004, 2:57pm
I don't sit glued to the Country station, it's just on in the barn during chores. There seems to be mandolin in every country single released the past 6 months or so. Anybody else notice? Yes, you're right about the Gary Allan song.

Moose
Feb-26-2004, 3:31pm
re: mandolin(s) in much of "today's" Country - I can't let this slip by w/o a comment. Years ago (50's) when the Louvin Brothers moved into secular from their gospel material, their Capitol Records producer(Ken Nelson) told Ira that his mandolin "...didn't belong" in their recordings "too folky.., too hillbilly. Charlie Louvin told me that after that remark Ira said he would never use it again on their records. Charlie also told me that thereafter, "...Ira's drinking TRIPLED" - I sincerly hope Ira Louvin is "lurking" somewhere in the "spheres" (or thereabouts) - I think he would be smiling...- think about that.. Regards. Moose http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

GVD
Feb-26-2004, 5:07pm
aimee Posted on Feb. 26 2004, 13:57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't sit glued to the Country station, it's just on in the barn during chores. There seems to be mandolin in every country single released the past 6 months or so. Anybody else notice? Yes, you're right about the Gary Allan song.

I can't stand "Today's Country Music" but like you I am exposed to it on occasion and I've noticed the same thing. In fact it kind of irks me that they include mandolin in the pablum that Nashville serves up these days.

Moose thanks for the Louvin brothers anecdote and keep em coming. ##http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

GVD

Willie Poole
Feb-28-2004, 11:16pm
There hasn`t been any "country music" for ten years or more...Just bad rock and roll coming out of Nashville...Willie

om21ed
Feb-29-2004, 8:10pm
in the late 70's or very early 80's my friends did a version Of "raiN" By the beatles, it was very good, i supect they sTLOle from NewgrASS REVIVAL BUT THAT IS STILL A GOOD IDEA