PDA

View Full Version : 1906 Three Point portrait

Stillpicking
Feb-05-2005, 11:37pm
Well here it is the "1906 Three Point" portrait that Dave the owner mentioned that I was creating.

The image on top is the actual print (12"x18") and the image under it is an enlargement of a section of the print.

Many thanks to Dave the owner of this wonderful and historic mando for giving me the chance to create the portrait. #Also a big thanks to Bob Friesen from Photo Memories in Kindersley,Saskatchewan,Canada for providing me with the digital images that I used to create this portrait.

If I get enough interest I will run an edition of the print/portrait and put an AD in the classified.

Thanks again to both Dave and Bob!

Mike

Gibsonman
Feb-07-2005, 4:35pm
Very nice, I sure would buy a copy of it.

Stillpicking
Feb-07-2005, 5:13pm
Thanks John stay tuned to the classifieds.
Mike

Dave S
Feb-22-2005, 4:12pm
If the T.V. channel "Canadian Learning Channel" makes it to you guys in the 'states there is a segment on the program..
"Antiques Physic" which includes an interview of myself and my mandolin on the next airing of the program.
In Canada it will show on Thursday at 6:30pm.
Apparently It has aired already on "The Access Channel"
I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on how it turned out.

Stillpicking
Feb-22-2005, 5:12pm
Very cool Dave, did you get that print yet? man I hope it comes soon!

Mike

Dave S
Feb-22-2005, 5:52pm
Nothing yet, Mike....
I'm sure checking the mail 3 times a day doesn't help!

Dave S
Mar-01-2005, 1:24am
Got the prints on Friday....
They look great!!
Now off to the frame shop...
Thanks Mike! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Stillpicking
Mar-01-2005, 8:42am
Glad you like the print Dave!

I just shipped one to John Dudeck hope he likes his as much.

If anyone wants more info on ordering a print go to the classified section and type in AD # 13059

Thanks Dave

Mike

Gibsonman
Mar-02-2005, 12:26pm
Received my print Wed. at 12:00 PM. The best word I can think of is GORGEOUS All the details and colors are great. Mike does very fine work. Great job Mike, I have the perfert spot for it. Need to find the right frame now.

Stillpicking
Mar-02-2005, 2:16pm
Thanks John, I am glad you like it !

Mike

Gibsonman
Mar-02-2005, 2:27pm
For you guys who have "NOT" done this. Please go to the archives on the first page, and look at #4259, this is the print Mike has done. I don,t care what this mandolin sounds like, it just blows me away.

Stillpicking
Mar-02-2005, 3:20pm
Here is a full image of the final print if you want more details and pricing please go to the classified section and search for
AD # 13059

Dave S
Mar-04-2005, 11:20pm
I got my print back from the frame shop today.I went with a classic wider black frame and hung it on my living room wall.
It looks super! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Stillpicking
Mar-05-2005, 12:52pm
Thanks Dave !

Mike http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/coffee.gif