PDA

View Full Version : Morris F4 #269

armyjordan
Jun-01-2013, 5:43am
This is my Morris F4 Sonny just finished. As everyone o the forums have said, Sonny is amazing to work with :). I asked him to do this one based on the look of an old Gibson with a black front and a natural cocobolo fretboard.

Michael Bridges
Jun-01-2013, 6:15am
That just looks amazing! He truly does beautiful work, I can only imagine how it must sound. Congrats on a beauty.

armyjordan
Jun-01-2013, 9:46am
That just looks amazing! He truly does beautiful work, I can only imagine how it must sound. Congrats on a beauty.

It sound phenomenal :). Puts the loar lm600 it is replacing to shame, and it plays a lot smoother too :).

pefjr
Jun-01-2013, 10:13am
Does it have the longer neck, can't quite tell from the pics?

rb3868
Jun-01-2013, 6:13pm
that finish is unbelievable. wow. is it reflecting something red, or does it have red in it?

armyjordan
Jun-01-2013, 7:25pm
Does it have the longer neck, can't quite tell from the pics?

I dont think the neck is any longer, it is about the same as my lm-600

armyjordan
Jun-01-2013, 7:39pm
that finish is unbelievable. wow. is it reflecting something red, or does it have red in it?

I asked him to do a red sunburst on the back and sides, it is AWESOME :). It takes on a bit of a purplish hue with the blacktop :) took it to a jam tonight and really digging the sound and playability!

Caleb
Jun-02-2013, 11:29am
Wow. Very classy looking mando. I've thought of getting one of these just because my last name is Morris too. Have fun with that one!

pefjr
Jun-02-2013, 9:14pm
I dont think the neck is any longer, it is about the same as my lm-600Sorry, my question was badly worded. I can now see in your last photo that the neck is sitting 2 frets higher than the original pre TR F2/F4. Looks great. Any sound files?

armyjordan
Jun-03-2013, 5:31am
I'll try to get a soundclip up in the next few days.

gringosid
Jun-03-2013, 6:24am
Beautiful! What pick up is on it?

Sasquatch
Jun-03-2013, 8:13am
That is so awesome! I have always loved the F4. They are just jewel like. You have an absolute gorgeous piece there. Love the finish. I am sure you and this mandolin will get very aquainted with each other. Happy picking!

armyjordan
Jun-03-2013, 1:47pm
Beautiful! What pick up is on it?

I've got a LR Baggs Radius on it for now, but truth be told I hate the darned thing... mine seems to have a very low output and I can't get the placement to get rid of the "thud" sound no matter where I try. I can EQ it out a 'little' on my Para Acoustic DI, but I feel like I lose some of the mandolin tone when doing that.

I put a K&K Twin in my LM-600 (which I like a lot more, hence the LR Baggs that was lying around) and am thinking of doing the same on this but I don't want something internal that requires drilling.

armyjordan
Jun-03-2013, 10:12pm
Soundcloud link, recorded on iPad. https://soundcloud.com/jordan-lynch-5/morris-f4-demo-2

Bill Clements
Jun-03-2013, 11:07pm
Stunning!
Congrats!