PDA

View Full Version : Nashville this weekend

Doug Edwards
May-29-2013, 5:00pm
I'll be in Nashville Friday & Saturday for a family reunion. Besides Gruhn's anything worth checking out. I won't have a lot of time, just Friday & Saturday night for a while.

Slyder
May-29-2013, 7:15pm
Cotten Music

shawnbrock
May-29-2013, 8:41pm
I'll 2nd the recommendation for Cotten Music. Only 5 minutes from Gruhn, and they have more in stock right now. At least that's my observation from this past weekend... Call Gruhn beforehand though just to make sure they haven't moved. I never could get an exact answer as to when they are moving. After seeing it down there on a Saturday afternoon, I sure see their reason for wanting to move. You almost couldn't get in the place for all of these folks who were half drunk in the middle of the afternoon, just standing there on the corner listening to a homeless guy play the guitar. It wasn't like that at all when I used to live in Nashville, but now it is difficult to even try out an instrument down there on a Saturday.

UsuallyPickin
May-30-2013, 7:07am
Artisan Guitars in Franklin , TN about twenty minutes from Downtown Nashville. Yes primarily a guitar store often has several fine mandolins. It is also located in an old factory converted into a mini mall so there are "shopping " opportunities for all. R/

pheffernan
May-30-2013, 8:58am
Call Gruhn beforehand though just to make sure they haven't moved. I never could get an exact answer as to when they are moving.

According to their website, the current showroom closes on Wednesday, June 5th, and the new store opens on Saturday the 15th.

Mark Seale
May-30-2013, 10:00am
Carter Vintage now has their showroom open. Lotsa toys there too.

MikeEdgerton
May-30-2013, 10:49am
There are several past threads on the subject that you might want to skim through. They are here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/search.php?query=nashville&exactname=0&starteronly=0&forumchoice%5B%5D=&prefixchoice%5B%5D=&childforums=1&titleonly=1&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&do=process).

Pete Counter
May-30-2013, 10:51am
Theres a festival on saturday at Larry's Grand Ole Garage in Madison, TN, close to nashville.

Perry Babasin
May-30-2013, 12:16pm
Not necessarily Bluegrass but great eclectic music played by amazing musicians at a little dive called 3rd & Lindsley. Bela Fleck's bass player Victor Wooten shows up there frequently. Saw Stuart Duncan playing with guitarist Jack Pearson there a few years back. Great show during which Stuart switched off playing Fiddle and Reso-Mandolin and Jack on Guitar, Reso-Guitar, slide Reso-Mandolin, Mandolin and Vox Humana. Located at 3rd & Lindsley, far from the NashVegas strip! N.F.I. but good food and drink too.