PDA

View Full Version : My mandolin(s)

t9bailey
May-28-2013, 10:54pm
By the way, this is my first post. I appreciate this forum and the information you all have shared thus far.

My mandolin is a Gibson A-jr. It was given to me as a gift. I have sent the necessary information to the the mandolin archive. Here are some pictures.102624102625

Here is the information I submitted to the webmaster at the mandolin archive:

Serial # on the label: 82334
Model: Ajr
Finish color: Sheraton Brown
Condition: some scratches on the face, some scratches on the back, appears to be original hardware, one screw is missing from the tuning key for the highest E string, there is a label with the original owner's name "Germain Gladieux" and an address (numbers indiscernable) on Huestis Ave in Fort Wayne Indiana. More on the History: This was a gift to me from a woman in Fort Wayne. Her mother played this mandolin in the family bluegrass band. Germaine Gladieux is the woman's father. They lived in Fort Wayne Indiana. It was originally stored in a chip-board case that was disintegrating and it came with mandolin strings from the 1950s (I still have those in the original condition as well, I can send pictures if you would like). I actually play this instrument because it sounds better than any mandolin I have ever played. I store it in a hard case.
Stamp #: 8800

Also, any suggestions on where I can get a screw for that tuning key?

Thank you in advance.

t9bailey
May-28-2013, 10:55pm
More pictures...

t9bailey
May-28-2013, 10:57pm
I also have a Russian mandolin...very low quality but it has Soviet era labels and a balalaika with the same labels is with it. I will upload those photos when I have a minute tomorrow.

Once again, any help would be appreciated on getting that screw.

JeffD
May-28-2013, 11:09pm
That looks to be a beautiful mandolin! Lots of folks cherish the A-Jr. Take good care of it, that mandolin could make you happy for the rest of your life.

trevor
May-29-2013, 2:18am
I've had a few AJr snakeheads in my store, they've all been fantastic mandolins.