PDA

View Full Version : Bill / Kasey Chambers Singer Songwriter Night

Trent Crawford
May-28-2013, 10:17pm
Hey Mando Lovers! :-)

So over here in little old Australia, Bill Chambers hosts a singer songwriter night @ a really cool little cafe here every second Thursday night. It`s free for patrons to come and listen.

It`s completely un-organised, in the good way. :-)

Brooke Harvey got up and did a song of hers last week and had the pleasure of having Kasey Chambers jump in with some harmony vocal! Kasey was hosting the night for her dad as he was on an outback tour.

It was just amazing! I was in heaven, having been a Kasey fan for many many years. :-) Standing there picking away on my mando, pinching myself between songs. :-)

Hope ya enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCkzxoQJgPY

Trent Crawford
May-28-2013, 10:19pm
P.S Apologies for the crackly audio between 1:00 and 1:20... I`m just gonna blame the bass player!!! :-P

Pete Jenner
May-29-2013, 5:35am
Where's the cafe Trent?

journeybear
May-29-2013, 5:48am
i'm fine with blaming the bass player. That's often a good call. ;)

Saw and met Kasey and Bill fifteen years ago, opening for Lucinda Williams in New York. She was charming and witty, as well as talented (of course). She said her dad was along to chaperone her - she was still a teenager, I believe - but she said she managed to have some fun as well. Her song "Not Pretty Enough" is a real good 'un.

Don Grieser
May-29-2013, 1:22pm
I saw Kasey at Telluride several years ago--really enjoyed her stage presence and her music. What a treat for you!

Trent Crawford
May-29-2013, 7:36pm
Where's the cafe Trent?

Hi Pete,

It`s held at Quattro Cafe which is in the Platinum Blue building @ Erina on the Central Coast.

You should definitely come along to one! They are fantastic nights. *I may be a little biased! : )

http://www.facebook.com/QuattroCatering?fref=ts

P.S Did you make it to the Karuah Bluegrass festival Pete?

Trent Crawford
May-29-2013, 7:39pm
I`ve heard them both ( kasey & Bill ) tell many stories about meeting Lucinda. They (myself included) are big fans of Lucinda`s works. Lucinda`s songs always get a run at these jam / songwriter nights. :grin:

Pete Jenner
May-29-2013, 11:28pm
I didn't know it was on until too late Trent. The only thing I know about Karuah is the by-pass and oysters. ;) The last festival I went to was St Albans FF. I'll definitely try to get to the cafe for one of the shows.

Trent Crawford
May-30-2013, 1:56am
I didn't know it was on until too late Trent. The only thing I know about Karuah is the by-pass and oysters. ;) The last festival I went to was St Albans FF. I'll definitely try to get to the cafe for one of the shows.

Haha, yep, they do a mean Oyster! :-)

I originally mentioned it because i was thinking Blackheath was near Newcastle, have now realised it`s Blue Mountains.

Be sure to let me know / come and say G`Day when ya make it to a Cafe jam.

T.

Tavy
May-30-2013, 4:26am
That's great, I really enjoyed listening to that!