PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky KM-260s

StefanWeigand
May-23-2013, 10:01am
Does anyone know if Kentucky ever built mandolins of the type KM-260s? I cannot find it anywhere.. Thanks!

mandogoshen
May-27-2013, 4:18pm
Does anyone know if Kentucky ever built mandolins of the type KM-260s? I cannot find it anywhere.. Thanks!

Doesn't appear from any research I've done that Ky used that number as a model designation. KM-250s or KM-160s(one of which I own). The small 's' designates 'solid wood hand carved top', I believe. Both models have solid sides and back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The 160 I purchased recently came w/a Superior HS case, Schaller tuners, a Fishman transducer bridge w/endpin jack. The owner had it upgraded for gigging and never really got around to learning to play it. He's a touring bass player by trade and priced it to move...which it did I'm happy to say. They're a bit on the 'thin' sounding side, but a good inline eq can and does 'phatten' the sound to suit one's taste.

Maybe contact Elderly or Mandolin Bros. by e-mail and ask after the model designation. They import direct from Saga and certainly would know if anyone would. Good luck.