PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bros.

Nick Triesch
May-13-2013, 10:46pm
I'm on a mailing list and I just got an email that says Buffalo Bros (San Diego area) , has a new owner! I guess longtime owner Bob Page has sold it to one of the other guys in the shop. There will be two Buffalo Bros. shops, the main store in Carlsbad and the San Diego store in town. This could be a good thing. Maybe they will finally bring back Weber and Gibson mandolins? They had some kind of falling out years ago. BTW, Buffalo Bros. Has the largest selection of super high end guitars I have ever seen anywhere. you name it...they have it!!! Nick

DataNick
May-14-2013, 1:54am
I'm on a mailing list and I just got an email that says Buffalo Bros (San Diego area) , has a new owner! I guess longtime owner Bob Page has sold it to one of the other guys in the shop. There will be two Buffalo Bros. shops, the main store in Carlsbad and the San Diego store in town. This could be a good thing. Maybe they will finally bring back Weber and Gibson mandolins? They had some kind of falling out years ago. BTW, Buffalo Bros. Has the largest selection of super high end guitars I have ever seen anywhere. you name it...they have it!!! Nick

Bob sold it to James Hood of JHG(James Hood Guitars) the repair arm of the shop the last few years. James is a pretty level- headed young guy who's pretty bright; he told me last Sat that he's got some new changes that will be implemented soon to help improve things...The "New Expression" store in San Diego has been re-named "Buffalo Bros. South". It will be interesting to see what happens...right now the mando pickins are pretty slim... we'll see...

joemcg
May-14-2013, 8:07am
I agree with DataNick, the pickins' are slim at Buffalo Bros, which is a shame because it's the only store in the greater San Diego area that has any significant stock of mandolins.

I did buy my Flatiron there and they had one display wall with about 8 - 10 other mandolins on it of course dwarfed by the two rooms of guitars!

Joe

DataNick
May-14-2013, 10:52am
I agree with DataNick, the pickins' are slim at Buffalo Bros, which is a shame because it's the only store in the greater San Diego area that has any significant stock of mandolins.

I did buy my Flatiron there and they had one display wall with about 8 - 10 other mandolins on it of course dwarfed by the two rooms of guitars!

Joe

Right on Joe!

And as of last Sat it was at the lowest point I've ever seen there as far as mandolin inventory...Steve G. did tell me he had some mandos coming in though...

Scottydawg
May-14-2013, 3:42pm
I am fairly new to the acoustic scene in North County. Steve has been very helpful with information and direction.
Last few visits It seemed tho that the "ownership" was a bit burnt out and it translated to the rest of the staff.
Buffalo Bros. has had a great reputation and hopefully the new guys will embrace the traditions and engage w fresh enthusiasm!
Love all the wood hanging on the walls!
Plus I like to support local businesses!