PDA

View Full Version : Do Punch Brothers use Vox Amps?

TheBently
May-08-2013, 12:33pm
So I've been seaching everywhere to find what amps Punch Brothers use. I happen to have seen a Vox amp behind them in a youtube video i saw. If they do you Vox amps, does anyone know what model?

Thanks, Bently. :mandosmiley:

calgary.fiddler
May-08-2013, 12:39pm
As far as I know they just plug straight into the PA system. You never know if you see some equipment on stage if thats actually being used by the band on stage. A lot of times there is equipment left on stage from an opening band or other band playing after them.

TheBently
May-08-2013, 12:41pm
Ok, thank you very much! I was curious to know what they did. This helped a lot!

Chip Booth
May-08-2013, 12:48pm
Their last record did include some tracks where instruments were recorded using pickups and played through tube amps. I have never seen anything specific as to which amps they used. Live they use modelling pedals to get some of those slightly overdriven sounds.

chip
May-08-2013, 12:51pm
What type of modeling pedal?

TheBently
May-08-2013, 12:53pm
Yeah i heard that too. I know they use these, M9 Stompbox Modeler...Radial Engineering Tonebone PZ-pre Acoustic Direct Box Preamp...Joe-Meeks 3Q Preamp.. and a Boss TU-3 Chromatic Pedal Tuner. I just wasn't sure if they had a certain amp or if they just plugged it straight to the PA system. Thank you!

TheBently
May-08-2013, 12:55pm
Also they all use an Audio-Technia ATM35 Clip-on Condenser Microphone, its discontinued but the ATM350 is the replacement.