PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove ff quartz vs American designation

Blumoon
May-07-2013, 8:28pm
Can anyone enlighten me on the differences or budget cuts made when Breedlove transitioned from the ff quartz to the ff American series?

From what i've seen they appear to be several hundred dollars less under the American series designation.

Steve Ostrander
May-08-2013, 10:32am
Can't answer the question, but I've had an American ff for about 6 months and it's a great instrument. I used to be put off by the no-traditional style, but the tone and volume are exceptional so I bought it.

Red_Label
May-08-2013, 11:52am
Breedlove's model comings and goings can be quite confusing at times. But I've owned SEVEN Breedlove instruments now and all have been great!

I currently have two KO mandolins. One is a few years old (satin finish), and the other was just made within the past few months. The newer one (sunburst VTG) had nicer tuners on it than the older one, but other than that I cannot see ANY difference. Fortunately, when I inquired about buying some of the newer style tuners for the older KO, Anne in Breedlove customer service sent me replacements free of charge. I'm a fan of Breedlove. They build GREAT instruments as GREAT prices. The same cannot always be said about some other companies.

Blumoon
May-08-2013, 4:01pm
Thanks for the replies. I've seen an older quartz style but didn't know if they changed anything that would detract from all the positive reviews I've seen when they became the American series.

mandobassman
May-08-2013, 4:25pm
I don't think there are any differences. They used to have three lines: Quartz, Premier, and Master Class. They eliminated the Premier line and renamed the Quartz to American. Other than that, I'm not aware of any differences.