PDA

View Full Version : Larry Sparks on Song of the Mountain last night

Gary Hedrick
Apr-21-2013, 12:53pm
I sure loved watching that music last night. He can sure turn a phrase with a song. All of the music was thoughtfully done and just right. I loved the fills and kick offs etc and his guitar playing has that just a little roughness and isn't too slick....just powerful.

The band was dressed well and frankly this is the bluegrass that I love the best. I even liked "Send Me the Pillow"......the old Hank Lockin song...

The mandolin player was just right on and the fiddle was to die for and yes the banjo was great also....thoughful background playing.

to quote THE Bluegrass legend......"Fine.....mighty fine"

Willie Poole
Apr-21-2013, 1:59pm
Gary, Here in Md. there was different show being played, I have saw that one with Larry on it and he was just great...Mayn years ago I stopped at his music store in Evansville Indiana and sat and talked to him quite a while, the next time I went through there I stopped and he had sold the place....I watch him every chance I get....

...Willie

Gary Hedrick
Apr-21-2013, 3:01pm
Played a show many years ago at Green Acres near Martinsville, Indiana.....David Harvey was playing with him at the time. What a marvelous time watching him and David........still remember Katie Hill.......David plays fiddle on it (1000 miles an hour) and then grabs the F5M and tears the he** out of it again. Larry was just pusing the heck out of it...