PDA

View Full Version : From the Punch Brothers Mailing List

Ken_P
Mar-28-2013, 3:10pm
Not actually PB related, but even more exciting, IMO. They included a bunch of new tour dates for all the band members who are off doing their own thing, and this one caught my eye:

October 22, Zankel Hall, New York, NY On Sale Soon

Clicking on the link gets you here (http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2013/10/22/0730/PM/Chris-Thile/).

The really exciting part:

On this program, he performs transcribed solo violin works by J. S. Bach drawn from his forthcoming recording, Bach Sonatas & Partitas Vol. 1, as well as his own compositions and contemporary music

Finally! The Bach album we've been waiting for.

Traveling Tracks
Mar-28-2013, 3:12pm
I just posted the same thing.....very excited...knew this was in the works for the past year....had confirmation from Chris himself when I spoke to him after a Punch Brothers gig in Philly. Can not wait for the definitive mando Bach violin album!!!!

Timothy S
Mar-28-2013, 7:09pm
Hooray! I'm sure I'm not alone in the thought that Bach violin works are some of the best mandolin exercises around. My picking and fingering have so greatly improved just by working though a little book I bought.

rb3868
Apr-01-2013, 5:35pm
A friend in NYC recommends NOT getting anything but "parterre" and not the boxes if site lines mean anything to you

Ken_P
Apr-01-2013, 8:39pm
A friend in NYC recommends NOT getting anything but "parterre" and not the boxes if site lines mean anything to you

Sadly, the ticket price means more to me than the sight lines. Carnegie is expensive!