PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

rowdy
Mar-14-2013, 4:16pm
Hello,
I think this is in the wrong place, but I wanted to introduce myself first before starting commenting in the forums.
My name is Rowdy. I play guitar for 3 years now, and mandolin for a half year or something. Ive been reading on this forum quite a while, and finally decided to make an account. Got my first mandolin (a Ibanez with a magnetic pickup) for my birthday, and i really love the instrument. I like a lot of different kinds of music. I really love country and bluegrass music, but i like metalcore, screamo, deathmetal etc too. I also love classic rock like pink floyd and the doors. But a lot of styles of music (even sometimes metal) I like to play some mandolin over ;). Sorry for my bad english.
Greetings from the netherlands
Rowdy :mandosmiley:

chasray
Mar-14-2013, 4:36pm
Welcome! You'll find lovers of many kinds of music here (well, maybe not so much screamo). You may have noticed there are quite a few mandolin lovers on your side of the pond, too!

DataNick
Mar-14-2013, 4:57pm
Welcome Rowdy!
My girlfriend is from Holland originally (she came to the states when she was 2 or 3). Keep playing music, and anyway that we can be an encouragement to you, I'm sure that a lot of members would jump in to assist in that area. Don't worry about the English! You're doing fine!
Stay at it!

JeffD
Mar-14-2013, 5:00pm
I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Denny Gies
Mar-14-2013, 5:19pm
Welcome to the best site on the web. As you already know, you will have a lot of fun here and learn a lot. Good luck.

Andrew B. Carlson
Mar-14-2013, 5:29pm
A good musical background is a great start. Heck, I started as a classical piano player, became a hard rock drummer, moved to rhythm guitarist in a metal band, then finally Saw The Light and bought a mandolin. There's a lot of blue tinted grass around me now.

rowdy
Mar-15-2013, 2:32am
Haha :D Thank you very much. I noticed the people on this forum are really really nice.. I was on some kind of forum where they were all bashing each other haha. I think i prefer this ;)
Greetings
Rowdy :D

mandroid
Mar-15-2013, 1:19pm
It's More teasing than Bashing, here .. we just 'pick' on the Banjo Players, Mostly.. but behind their back.

They couldn't hear us if they turned around, anyhow. .:whistling:

JEStanek
Mar-15-2013, 2:30pm
Welcome to the Cafe!

Jamie

rowdy
Mar-17-2013, 1:07pm
It's More teasing than Bashing, here .. we just 'pick' on the Banjo Players, Mostly.. but behind their back.

They couldn't hear us if they turned around, anyhow. .:whistling:

Haha xD