PDA

View Full Version : Kaiserslautern Germany

bgmandolin
Mar-09-2013, 11:35am
Hi all. If anyone is ever looking for a jam in Kaiserslautern Germany please give us a hollar. We are just a small group of bluegrassers that get together occasionally to scrub off of few bluegrass classics. Feel free to drop us a line.

http://ramsteinareabluegrass.weebly.com/

MLT
Mar-09-2013, 11:44am
Just opened the café and saw this post. It was like coming home. I spent most of the 90's at Ramstein.

Good Luck and Happy Jamming to you all.

Hendrik Ahrend
Mar-14-2013, 4:02am
bgmandolin, I have no clue whom I'm talking to and you may already be aware about this, but for more than 30 years now, this time from the Sept. 12 - 15, there is an annual informal bluegrass meeting in the Pfälzerwald (Lindelbrunn, near Bad Bergzabern and Vorderweidenthal). Won't get much better than that, you'll get your load of great people and bluegrass classics there for sure. Don't miss it. PM me, if you need more information.

barry k
Mar-15-2013, 9:35am
We come through K town maybe 2-3 times a year.....I would love to pick some with yall sometime...Barry K

sumibuilt
Mar-20-2013, 8:41am
K Town is quite beautiful. I've got a good friend there that is a timberframer and a mountainbiker if you are of that ilk. I'll tell him of that festival Henry.He doesn't play, but likes listening

bgmandolin
Mar-20-2013, 4:15pm
bgmandolin, I have no clue whom I'm talking to and you may already be aware about this, but for more than 30 years now, this time from the Sept. 12 - 15, there is an annual informal bluegrass meeting in the Pfälzerwald (Lindelbrunn, near Bad Bergzabern and Vorderweidenthal). Won't get much better than that, you'll get your load of great people and bluegrass classics there for sure. Don't miss it. PM me, if you need more information.

Thanks for the info. I'm always looking for more and more places to pick. There are quite a few festivals now available to the European picker. It's amazing how much bluegrass has spread here in Europe. Thanks again.

bgmandolin
Mar-20-2013, 4:18pm
We come through K town maybe 2-3 times a year.....I would love to pick some with yall sometime...Barry K

Barry, let me know next time you come through town. I'll send you an email via your website with contact information.

bgmandolin
Sep-17-2013, 1:18pm
Had a wonderful time at the Lindelbrunn jam this last week. The group of folks I jam with in Kaiserslautern are so fired up now that we are having another jam this Friday. If there are any new pickers in the Kaiserslautern Germany area please contact me and we will set up a jam.

anthonyjhallen
Nov-23-2016, 9:48am
Please tell me this jam/group still exists.

Hendrik Ahrend
Nov-23-2016, 11:34am
Lindelbrunn is still going strong, next year from Sept. 13th - 17th.
I'll shoot you a PM.