PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Cobb and Shad Cobb - Concert and workshop near Indianapolis

MandoDave1
Mar-04-2013, 7:59pm
The Cobb Brothers will be giving a special concert and workshop in the Indy area on Tuesday, March 19. The event will take place at the Hedgehog Music Showcase, located at 101 West Main St. in Arcadia, about a half hour north of Indy. Jesse was a founding member of the Infamous Stringdusters and has also played with Dierks Bentley and Jim Lauderdale, among others, and he was on the faculty at the 2012 Mandolin Symposium. Shad is currently the fiddler in John Cowan's band.

The show will be preceded by a special workshop, at which all instruments will be welcome. The workshop will run from 6:00 to 7:30, with the concert to follow at 8:00. Admission for the concert only is $15.00 in advance, $20.00 at the door. Admission for the workshop only is $40.00. Admission to both the workshop and concert is $45.00 in advance, $50.00 at the door.

Hit me up offline if you need additional info about this very special event. Thanks!

Mando Dave

Ivan Kelsall
Mar-05-2013, 3:17am
A friend of mine & a 'Cafe member had a 'one to one' mandolin lesson with Jesse Cobb at Wintergrass in 2011. Jesse told him that Shadd could leave him in the dust on the mandolin. Both terrific musicians. I loved Jesse's playing with the Stringdusters,but a few weeks back,i found a YouTube clip of him playing some very Jazzy stuff & it was brilliant.There's maybe a hidden side to Jesse's playing that we haven't heard so much of. I wish i could be there,
Ivan