PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Anderson #157

Jake Howard
Mar-03-2013, 3:46pm
I'm a little late on the pictures (I received this mandolin in late October), but here it is nonetheless! The top is made from carpathian spruce and the back and sides from some nicely flamed maple from the Southern Virginia area. I had Gerald wrap a snake around the ole' Gibson flowerpot, since my nickname is Jake the snake. Man did he kill it! This mandolin has really broken in recently and I am enjoying the process of playing it. I also want to thank Spencer Strickland for the beautiful finish on this! I cannot stress how nice Gerald is, he is quite the man! Enjoy the photos!

The two pictures with the other mandolin is Gerald's third mandolin that I picked up a while back.

Marty Jacobson
Mar-03-2013, 3:52pm
Beautiful work all around. The snake thing is a great idea to subtly personalize the instrument... I bet you'll get a lot of double-takes.

f5loar
Mar-03-2013, 5:01pm
This just proves what i've said about Anderson mandolins all along........... they just keep getting better and better! The snake acutally looks pretty cool.

Andrew B. Carlson
Mar-03-2013, 7:38pm
That fretboard looks quite a bit wider than usual. Is it just me or is it actually a wide neck?

Jake Howard
Mar-03-2013, 10:29pm
At the nut it is a tad smaller than a Sam Bush model, but the florida extension is pretty wide which makes it appears as if the whole fretboard is bigger. It isn't too wide of a fretboard, could be the angle of the photo also, dang pictures playing tricks...

Skip Kelley
Mar-04-2013, 7:41am
jake, congratulations! That is a fine looking mandolin! I like the snake inlay. Can't get that flowerpot confused with the one by Big"G". Hope you enjoy it for many years!

J.Albert
Mar-05-2013, 6:43pm
"The snake acutally looks pretty cool."

Yes... but isn't the logical place for it on a .... snakehead A ?? ;)

jasona
Mar-07-2013, 10:32am
Tempted to get one to have my own name on the peghead :)