PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Hogtown Boys

doublestop
Feb-24-2004, 9:33am
I know that the Foggy Hogtown Boys are doing a lot of live recordings. Does anyone know when these live recordings will be released? Also, did they recover their stolen mandolin?

craigmurray
Feb-24-2004, 12:52pm
Hey Doublestop
I just recieved an e-mail update from the FHB announcing that they are going to record some more of their live show on March 13th at the Dominion Tavern (their regular Saturday gig). #I would imagine that this is simply to supliment the stuff they recorded earlier in February at the Lula Lounge. Infact I will simply post the e-mail for you below. #As for the stolen Apitius to my knowledge it hasn't been returned, but I haven't spoken to Andrew for about 2 weeks. #It actually belongs to a member of the Creaking Tree String Quartet, not a Foggy Hogtown Boy. When I speak to Andrew next I will try to get some info on the release date of the FHB album. #I would imagine that it is still a couple of months away, but they will likely want something for the festivals this summer.

THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL WAS SENT LAST WEEK FROM THE FOGGY HOGTOWN BOYS AS AN UPDATE TO MEMBERS ON THEIR MAILING LIST:

Hello to one and all,

Hope the recent turn in the weather agrees with you.

Thank you to everyone who came out to the show at The Lula Lounge. #The guys in the band really appreciated all the friendly faces as we recorded the night's music. #We've given it a listen and found some nice stuff we can use and some stuff we're gonna release under the name Tony Orlando and Friends.

To whit, The Foggy Hogtown Boys are gonna do one more little recording stint down at our home base of The Dominion On Queen (500 Queen east in Toronto) on Saturday March 13th. #We hope you can make it out for that.

If you can't wait until March 13 to hear some live bluegrass, then come on down to The Dominion On Queen tomorrow (and every Saturday for the rest of your natural born life) # #This Saturday, dobro player extraordinaire, Burke Carrol - (The Bebop Cowboys, Brothers Cosmoline, George Fox and every dang dobro and steel session produced in this country) #will be sitting in with the band. #Don't you dare miss it! #

Hope to see you there.

doublestop
Feb-24-2004, 6:35pm
Thanks for the reply. I got to see Creaking Tree this Summer in Pennsylvania and figured I better give the Foggy Hogtown Boys a listen. I love Andew and the tone he gets from that Heiden!!!