PDA

View Full Version : First Mandolin

justinhart
Feb-20-2013, 8:54am
Just ordered my first mandolin from The Mandolin Store on Monday, a Kentucky KM600. Now the hard part, waiting until it gets here. I'll post a picture when it arrives. Then the process of learning how to play it will begin.

jso
Feb-20-2013, 9:20am
Exciting times! Good luck!

Randi Gormley
Feb-20-2013, 9:55am
Good for you!

Denny Gies
Feb-20-2013, 10:17am
Way to go. Now get ready for some great ups and downs as you learn to play it. Remember, don't get discouraged, we all have the ups and down no matter how long we've been doing this.

justinhart
Feb-20-2013, 10:28am
Thankfully I've already gone through the process of learning piano (always learning), so I'm aware that there will be frustrations, discoveries, hard times and good times. This is my first stringed instrument so I'm curious as to how big the learning curve will be over piano or wind instruments.

Bill Clements
Feb-20-2013, 10:35am
Congrats! Have fun!

Cheryl Watson
Feb-20-2013, 10:58am
You have obviously done your research. I hope you love the mandolin and enjoy learning to play it!

justinhart
Feb-24-2013, 7:51am
Got my mandolin on Friday. After waiting for it to acclimate (one of the harder things I've done in my life), and changing the strings I'm quite happy with it. The finish is much better on it than some of the others I've looked at and has a great sound, from what my inexperienced ear can tell.

Murphy Slaw
Feb-24-2013, 7:56am
Yipee.....

Now, to break it in.....

Best of luck.