PDA

View Full Version : Tull / Martin Barre on mando

David M.
Jan-21-2005, 3:26pm
I don't have XM radio, but my buddy in Atlanta told me he heard the "recreation" of Jethro Tull's Aqualung done live. He said Hymn 43 (my least favorite song on the studio Aqualung) was one of the best because Martin Barre played mandolin and it was really good.

Anyone hear it? I'd love to get a copy on cd of that show.

MandoJon
Feb-03-2005, 5:35am
I don't know if this is the same live album you're talking about, but I have a tape recording of a live album called "Bursting Out". That has mandolin on a few tracks if I remember right (but it's ages since I listened to it - perhaps I should shell-out for a decent copy on CD).

jefflester
Feb-03-2005, 7:33pm
I don't know if this is the same live album you're talking about, but I have a tape recording of #a live album called "Bursting Out".
Something completely different, that's a live album from 1978. On XM radio there is this series of performance broadcasts where the current band plays a live version of a classic vintage album (Aqualung in this case). There have been others, the Allman Brothers Eat a Peach being the only other one I can think of at the moment.

David M.
Feb-09-2005, 2:45pm
Yep, this was not an album. Hymn 43 isn't on Bursting Out.

By the way, my vinyl copy of Bursting Out had "Busting Out" printed on the spine. Wonder if they were all like that?