PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Sisters

Dobe
Jan-25-2013, 11:27pm
Finally gettin' close; both strung up anyway.
The Sisters are from the same stacked Bearclaw tops ; Walnut Back/cut rim/Neck ; same bracing II ; graduations, builder etc.
No surprise I suppose, that they sound alot alike.
One of the oldest Black Walnut's in the state (Colo.) from what the owner told me.
One's been spanked on for about 3 years . I have no doubt the newborn will someday blossom like her older sister.

The Pagelli was completed Jan 2010; my main since she was completed. It's definately the best thing I've ever made. Maple w/ Ab bound.

Her newborn sister, a "New Yorker Teardrop Monte" ?? sorta thing ? (I'm open to name suggegtions) is KOA bound. Hide Glue. Should have a vid at some point, just now learning a new camera, Test . hmm....

Dobe
Jan-25-2013, 11:30pm
Calgon, take me away .......

Dobe
Jan-25-2013, 11:33pm

JEStanek
Jan-25-2013, 11:37pm
Beautiful lines on those!

Jamie

OldGus
Jan-25-2013, 11:53pm
That's a very indulgent design! I am a huge fan of the Walnut/Sitka wood combination. It seems to help produce a dark, rich and crisp tone/response...

eadg145
Jan-26-2013, 1:05am
Wow!

I love the lines of these instruments! (And walnut is my favorite.) Congratulations on two fabulous builds!

Steve Sorensen
Jan-26-2013, 1:33am
Wow again!

Steve

Jake Wildwood
Jan-26-2013, 5:11am
Those two fit right into cocktail hour with a bunch of black dresses... ;)

Real nice!

usqebach
Jan-26-2013, 7:44am
Dobe,

Beautiful Mandolins! I love the different shapes, woods, and f-holes.

I'll go ahead an put my ignorance on display in asking for some clarification:

I did a web search on Pagelli and came up with a link to a line of Eastman "Pagelli" guitars, as well as a link to your 2009 thread in which I think you were describing the build of the first of those two, and calling it an (Eastman) Pagelli.

Who is/was Pagelli?

These are both your designs and builds, right?

Jim

Skip Kelley
Jan-26-2013, 8:30am
Wow, just awesome!!!

Dobe
Jan-26-2013, 10:24am
[QUOTE=usqebach;1127027]Dobe,.............
Who is/was Pagelli?
These are both your designs and builds, right?

Thanks Jim,
Kinda ? Yeah I first saw the Eastman, then found it's a Pagelli design. Borrowed a few ideas from Eastman in the headstock design but it's basically my take on his guitar. Here's some Pagelli eye candy; I thinks he's an awesome designer; still doin' it as far as I know. He's also got an interesting bio, I'll link it if I can find it; quite the life:

http://www.pagelli.com/e/4allerhand/news001.html

The newest is obviosly my cop of Monteleones take of the D'A-teardrop archtop, with a few tweaks. I swore to myself I wasn't building any more F-5's, guess I still haven't. It's got a scroll though, so it's obviously BonaFide :grin::

http://www.tgpwebzine.com/?page_id=1155

The heart wants what the heart wants ! :mandosmiley: