PDA

View Full Version : Look What Santa Brought Me (Kratzer, Pumpkin#68)

Karen Mccarthy
Jan-06-2013, 8:07pm
I recently posted, “Is there a Santa Claus?” in the wanted section. Well, I found out there is not one but two. Barry Kratzer is Santa number one. He made Pumpkin #68, the instrument I bought 2 weeks ago. As a friend said, “’tis a thing of beauty” and it sounds better then it looks. It’s got great volume and sustain and a nice woody chop. Two additional outstanding attributes to this instrument are the price and Barry’s accessibility via email. He patiently answered several questions throughout the process. If anyone is looking for an affordable, excellent sounding instrument, I would highly recommend contacting Barry. You can find his information at bulldog-instruments.com. For those wondering, Santa #2 was the seller, thanks for helping put this fine instrument in my hands, Doug.

JeffD
Jan-06-2013, 8:21pm
That could make one happy for a long long time.

Ray Neuman
Jan-07-2013, 9:41pm
that one is beautiful indeed! I just traded for Bulldog #24 and I am STUNNED! Fantastic sound...woody...clear...powerful and very sweet! I have played many very expensive instruments and I would put this delight up to any of them. Do yourself a favor and consider Berry and the Bulldogs! (nfi)

Jake Wildwood
Jan-08-2013, 10:01am
Pretty slick!

Tomy Plunk#er
Jan-08-2013, 12:37pm
Great looking piece, Eye candy for sure! Thanks for the pics

Tiderider
Jan-10-2013, 12:33am
Congrats on a very lovely mandolin. I would love to hear it play.

F-2 Dave
Jan-10-2013, 12:44am
Nice. Love the ff holes and the scroll. The color is great too. Hope you continue to enjoy it for years to come.