PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Woodley Kalamazoo F2 I used to own

Gary Hedrick
Jan-02-2013, 2:51pm
A number of years ago I owned this instrument. Sold it to Arthur Stern who then sold it to Will Kimble (who fell in love with it at one of my picking sessions)....it then ended up at Cotton Music and from there who knows.

I would like to find it and perhaps be able to own it again (assuming the price is right)

Jim Garber
Jan-02-2013, 4:29pm
Ah, Gary!! I played that one at 2004 CMSA when Will was selling it. I played it for something like 1/2 hour and still think of it. One of the nicest sounding oval holes I have played. Too bad I did not have the cash for it at that time or else I would still have it. I have played a few other Woodleys but that one stuck out. Good luck on finding it and even more on getting it back. I still think about that one.

Gary Hedrick
Jan-03-2013, 7:03pm
Well Jim....you and me too........dumb move to sell it but I've had to do a number of those over the years...

Gary Hedrick
Jan-10-2013, 7:26pm
I am amazed that I haven't stirred up anything with this post...

at this moment there are 998 visitors on this site.....135 members........so if the ratios are still there with the larger numbers then with 33,159 members then there should be around 486,332 folks that may have seen this post....

Hmmm this site really has become of force of nature......

Jim Garber
Jan-11-2013, 9:15am
I figure the buyer either has it and loves it so much and doesn't want to blow his/her cover or else is one of the few mandolin players in the world who does not check these forums.

I did meet a mandolin player last weekend -- quite a good one, too -- who never goes on this site. Maybe it was him. :)

Gary Hedrick
Jan-11-2013, 3:29pm
Yeah Jim, there are a lot of folks in the bluegrass ranks that don't know about this site or if they do don't want to mess with it.

If I keep probing it will surface sometime.....

Jim Garber
Jan-11-2013, 3:38pm
I will let you know if I come across it. I am surprised that Cotten Music did not have any records of the sale. Or maybe they did not want to violate confidentiality.